Couscous chicken salad. This is a quick, easy to make, delicious healthy salad which is perfect as a warm dinner salad or cold packed lunch!
Folks, this amazing couscous chicken salad is made with couscous, cooked chicken, cherry tomatoes and olives.
I added a couple of store cupboard spices, paprika and coriander, to give it a delicious “smoky” taste.
You’ll find this an easy to make couscous salad which can be eaten warm for dinner and also the next day cold for lunch too.
It’s simple, healthy and so addictive. This Mediterranean syle couscous salad is a definitely a winner!
I’ve made and eaten loads of chicken salads this year.
That makes a change from me usually eating soups all year round. Ha ha!
You see here in Scotland the weather really has been truly amazing. I cannot remember the last summer that was as good as this one.
It’s been salads for lunch and salads for dinner. If I could eat salad for breakfast then I did that too!
This couscous chicken salad is a great way to use up any leftover chicken you might have from your roast Sunday dinner or you could just buy pre-cooked frozen chicken breasts as I do and chop them up.
It takes just 20-minutes to prep this couscous chicken salad and 10 minutes to cook the delicious smoky flavours in.
There are only 279 calories in a single serving of this couscous chicken salad. Plus there’s a good amount of protein too. All helping towards your recommended daily dose!
We often enjoy this salad paired with a glass of wine and some flatbreads for a chilled out Saturday night in front of the TV!
Steps For How To Make Couscous Chicken Salad
- Put the couscous in a large bowl and pour boiling water over it. Stir. Cover the bowl with a plate and allow to stand for about 5 minutes until all the water has been absorbed.
- Whilst the couscous is absorbing all the water, heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the cooked chicken, paprika and ground coriander and stir around the pan for a couple of minutes until the chicken is well coated with the spices.
- When the couscous is ready, fluff it up with a fork and add all of the contents of the chicken pan.
- Stir the tomatoes, olives, basil, remaining olive oil and lemon juice into the couscous mixture. Season to taste with the salt and pepper. Serve.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Chicken Salad Recipes You Might Also Like
- Leftover roast chicken salad is a great way to use up any leftover chicken. This delicious and easy to make salad is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner or packed lunch!
- Quick healthy chicken salad. An easy to make lower calorie salad. A perfect dinner for busy weeknights and ideal for lunchboxes too!
- Chicken walnut and blue cheese salad has loads of flavour and a wonderful crunch too. It’s perfect for a quick and easy lunch or weeknight dinner option!
Couscous Chicken Salad Recipe
We found this couscous chicken salad tasted even better the next day after the flavours had marinated together in the fridge overnight.
For the couscous I just use ordinary quick cook couscous but you could also use pearl couscous if you wanted to!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Couscous Chicken Salad
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 125 g couscous
- 180 ml boiling water
- 170 g cooked diced chicken*
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 10 cherry tomatoes quartered.
- 50 g Kalamata olives chopped.
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped basil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Freshly ground salt and black pepper
- Place the couscous in a large bowl and pour the boiling water over it and stir. Cover the bowl and leave to stand for about 5 minutes until all the water has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, whilst the couscous is absorbing all the water, gently heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the cooked chicken, paprika and ground coriander and stir around the pan for a couple of minutes until the chicken is well coated with the spices.
- When the couscous is ready fluff it up with a fork to separate all the grains and scrape all of the contents of the chicken pan into the bowl with the couscous.
- Stir the tomatoes, olives, basil, remaining tbsp olive oil and lemon juice into the couscous mixture. Season to taste with the salt and pepper and serve.