Chicken walnut and blue cheese salad has loads of flavour and a wonderful crunch too. It’s perfect for a quick and easy lunch or weeknight dinner option!
This chicken walnut and blue cheese salad just goes to prove that simple salads with simple dressings do not have to be boring.
You see the tangy blue cheese and sweet honey dressing makes this simple salad sing!
The inspiration for this recipe was a lunch that I had in a restaurant in London recently.
So, if this recipe is good enough that a restaurant serves it as an offering on it’s lunch time menu then it sure is good enough for you to make and enjoy at home too!
All of the ingredients for this chicken walnut salad should be easily bought items from your local supermarket. Or storecupboard condiments.
If you can buy pre-cooked chicken, rather than cooking the chicken from scratch then this recipe will be even more quicker for you.
However, I have included how to cook it from scratch just in case cooked chicken isn’t available for you!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Salad Recipes You Might Also Enjoy
- Chicken Caesar salad is made healthier here with wholemeal croutons and a lower calorie dressing. It’s basically the same taste as the delicious original, you just wont be counting the impact of the calories with this version!
- Chicken pasta salad with tomato vinaigrette is just the thing when you’re looking for a quick healthy meal. It’s ideal as either a lunch or a dinner option!
- This easy honey mustard turkey pasta salad uses a really simple dressing which adds a whole lot of flavour to this recipe and it’s one that is versatile enough for you to use in your own pasta salad recipes too!
Chicken Walnut And Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
This chicken walnut and blue cheese salad makes and absolutely excellent packed lunch option!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Chicken Walnut And Blue Cheese Salad
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 6 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp White wine vinegar
- 600 g Chicken Breasts
- 120 g Rocket leaves
- 100 g Blue cheese
- 150 g Walnuts lightly toasted
- Place honey, extra-virgin olive oil and white wine vinegar in a jar and shake well
- Grill chicken breasts for about 20 minutes, turning throughout to ensure an even cooking. Allow them to cool then using a fork shred them.
- Pour 3/4 dressing over the chicken breasts
- Place rocket leaves, crumbled blue cheese and walnuts onto plates
- Distribute the shredded chicken over the salad on each plate and then drizzle over the remaining dressing and serve.