Creamy chicken, leek and mushroom pasta bake is a delicious, simple and quick healthy pasta bake that all the family will enjoy. Taking less than an hour to serve you’ll love the delicious smells that come from your kitchen whilst this is cooking!
This creamy chicken, leek and mushroom pasta bake is a dish that makes me really happy to make and serve.
Not only is it easy to make but whilst it’s cooking in your oven it has that delicious aroma that you can only get from mushrooms cooking.
The tasty sauce isn’t actually made with any cream either so it’s healthier than a traditional Italian bake which might use cream.
The creamy sauce here is just a little cream cheese and some flour and milk and that’s enough to give it that delicious creamy sauce consistency.
Another reason (there’s many) that I love to make this creamy chicken, leek and mushroom pasta bake recipe is that it’s filling.
You get 4 servings from it, which is what the nutritional label is based upon, but equally you could carve it up into 6 servings and perhaps have it with some sweetcorn and peas and it will definitely still fill up 6 people!
I just use frozen sweetcorn and peas if I’m making 6 portions from this. I keep bags of those in the freezer to bulk up any meals like this with extra vegetables.
Another reason, (OK I’ll make this the last one or I’ll go on and on….. 😉 ) this chicken pasta bake makes that small amount of chicken go just a little bit further. Of course that helps you to save money, which is something I know you like about my recipes!
Pasta helps to bulk out dishes like this chicken, leek and mushroom bake and it’s cheap. So that’s why I like to make lots of pasta bake type dishes, like this.
If you use wholegrain pasta, as I do in this dish, it’s healthier too. We should be aiming for 50-60% of our daily diets to be made up of complex carbohdrates like wholegrain pasta.
For this Creamy Chicken, Leek and Mushroom Pasta Bake Recipe you may need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links – which means that if you click on it and then purchase that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course). If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
This is the basic pasta dish I use. As you can see it’s relatively inexpensive and its perfect for pasta bake recipes.
Quick Healthy Creamy Chicken, Leek and Mushroom Pasta Bake. Save money. Feed a family of 4 with this delicious budget recipe!Click To Tweet
Creamy Chicken, Leek and Mushroom Pasta Bake Recipe
Each serving of this tasty creamy chicken, leek and pasta bake is a whopping 80% of your recommended daily protein intake!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
- 300 g whole wheat pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g chicken breasts cut into small chunks
- 2 leeks roughly chopped
- 75 g mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 3 tbsp low fat cream cheese
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 80 ml semi skimmed milk
- 250 ml chicken stock
- Freshly grated salt and pepper
- 150 g mozzarella cheese grated
- Pre-heat oven to 180C Fan
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, stir in the pasta and return to the boil. Turn down to simmer for about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking gently heat the oil in a large sized sauce pan on a medium high heat and add the diced chicken breasts. Cook, stirring to prevent any burning until no longer white, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the leaks to the pan and gently sauté for about 6 minutes until softened then add the sliced mushrooms and garlic and sauté together for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, flour and milk to the pan and stir well together with the vegetables until there are no lumps, then add the stock and stir to combine to a sauce consistency.
- Season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and then drained pasta, stir through and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Transfer the contents of the saucepan to a casserole dish and top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until the cheese has melted on top and is golden coloured.
- Serve with extra vegetables or a mixed leaf green salad.
If you enjoyed this creamy chicken, leek and mushroom pasta bake recipe and you’re looking for some other quick, healthy and delicious pasta bake recipes then check out my Easy Chicken Spinach Pasta Bake and my Chicken Sweetcorn and Mushroom Bake.
Catch you then. 😉
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.