Chicken broccoli stilton pasta bake is a delicious easy family meal. It’s relatively healthy, low cost and can be on the table in less than an hour. An excellent quick healthy meal!
At the moment, when I’m putting together new recipes, I’m all about back to basics.
With the new job, I’ve limited time to cook but I still want something wholesome and substantial whilst still being extremely tasty for dinner!
That’s why I’m so into dishes like this delicious family chicken broccoli stilton pasta bake.
Don’t you think that cheese and pasta just go so well together?
I’ve been in love for such a long time with that combination, which I used here in this tuna macaroni bake recipe.
That’s been such a popular recipe here on my blog, I thought it was time to add another such cheesy pasta dish.
This one will tantalise the taste buds and make your eyes pop, when you see all that lovely golden delicious melted cheese coming out of the oven! 🙂
I just wanted to say that it’s always a real thrill for me when you folks take the time to click, comment or just read through any of my recipes or blog posts.
There’s honestly been times in the last few weeks where I wondered if I’d promised too much, with posting two new weekly recipes. I was pushing myself so hard, especially with having just started a brand new job, I got myself really stressed out at times.
But, I seem to be just about keeping up, albeit with maybe the odd slip up you’ll need to forgive me for!
Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to you all! 😀
And onto the chicken broccoli stilton pasta bake……..
As this is such a filling dish, I find there’s no need to add much to it, if anything, to accompany. Maybe some extra vegetables like green beans, or a light mixed leafy salad usually do us.
You could also leave out the chicken from the recipe if you wanted to, but I wanted something to add plenty of protein to this dish, and to give it that extra “bite” too. The addition of the chicken does that nicely!
How to Make This Chicken Broccoli Stilton Pasta Bake?
- Well, this meal is really simple to make. The basic steps are :-
- Get your pasta on first.
- After your pasta has been simmering for 2 minutes add your broccoli. Then drain.
- Whilst your pasta and broccoli is cooking make the stilton sauce.
- Once sauce is made add the chicken and allow it to cook until no longer pink inside.
- Mix the pasta and broccoli with the chicken and stilton sauce in a casserole dish, top with the grated cheese and bake!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Pasta Bake Recipes You Might Also Like
- Easy chicken spinach pasta bake is a delicious family pasta bake. Made with a healthier low fat cheese sauce this quick healthy all in one meal can be on the table in less than an hour.
- Creamy chicken, leek and mushroom pasta bake is a delicious, simple and quick healthy pasta bake that all the family will enjoy. Taking less than an hour to serve you’ll love the delicious smells that come from your kitchen whilst this is cooking!
- Quorn pasta bolognese bake is a super easy vegetarian pasta bake that takes just under an hour to prepare and can serve up to six people. Topped with a light cheesy crust you can bet it’s a bake all the family will love!
Chicken Broccoli Stilton Pasta Bake Recipe
To go with this pasta bake, I like to serve it either with a simple side salad or quick to cook green vegetables like peas and / or broccoli.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Chicken Broccoli Stilton Pasta Bake
- 200 g whole wheat fusilli
- 150 g broccoli florets cut into bite sized pieces
- 400 ml skimmed milk
- 20 g corn flour mixed with 2 tbsp. cold water
- 70 g crumbled stilton cheese
- 370 g chicken breast fillets cut into small bite sized chunks
- 80 g grated low fat cheddar cheese
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180C Fan
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, stir in the pasta and return to the boil. Turn down to simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets and cook for a further 6 minutes, then drain through a sieve and place the pasta and florets into a casserole dish.
- In a medium sized saucepan make the stilton sauce by combining the milk and corn flour over a low heat. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, until thickened, season to taste, then turn the heat down and add the stilton cheese.
- Stir the chicken into the stilton sauce and allow it to cook, gently, for about 5 – 6 minutes, again stirring constantly, making sure all the chicken is well combined into the sauce.
- Mix the chicken and stilton sauce with the pasta and broccoli together in the casserole dish, top with the grated cheddar cheese and bake for about 20 minutes until the cheese has melted on top and is golden coloured.
- Serve with extra vegetables or a mixed leaf salad.