The best chicken and sweetcorn pasta bake is simply that. An easy, delicious and satisfying chicken pasta bake that all the family will love!
This chicken and sweetcorn pasta bake is a great recipe for busy weeknights.
You’ll get 6 portions out of this simple and delicious bake and it’ll be ready to serve in under an hour too.
Sometimes you just need a meal that you can have on the table quickly and that everyone will like. This chicken pasta bake fits that bill perfectly.
That’s why Lady Lynne and I think this is simply THE BEST chicken and sweetcorn pasta bake!
Folks, even though my work life has changed for me. I’m no longer busy in an office in Glasgow managing projects. I still have 101 things to do on my blog and round about the house. The house being my office nowadays.
You see running a food blog isn’t just about creating recipes, taking pretty pictures and writting some blurb. You have to keep up to date with Google and Pinterest. They’re the largest sources of recipe searches nowadays.
This year both Google and Pinterest have changed the way they work and which recipes they display, several times. It’s a job in itself just keeping up to date to make sure my recipes are still getting seen when people search.
Every time there’s a change on Google or Pinterest means I have to re-write my recipes. And seeing as there’s nearly 400 recipes, that’s no quick task!
So when a close friend asked me recently, “you must be spending a lot more time in the kitchen now”? The answer I gave was a suprise to them. “No, not as much as I’d like to”.
In fact the amount of time I spend in the kitchen is exactly the same as when I worked full time for someone else!
So you see I still need good quick and wholesome meals like this chicken and sweetcorn pasta bake ready and on the table quickly too or I won’t be able to keep chasing Google and Pinterest and making all the changes just to keep this blog breathing.
The fact that I can get 6 portions out of this brilliant bake, which means I can easily reheat some for tomorrow’s lunch or dinner or even stick some in the freezer is a huge benefit!
How to Make This Chicken And Sweetcorn Pasta Bake?
Well, this meal is really simple to make. The 5 basic steps are :-
1) Get your pasta on first.
2) Whilst your pasta is cooking cook your onion, garlic and brown your chicken.
3) Make your cheese sauce.
4) Put your pasta and frozen sweetcorn into a large casserole dish. Mix in the chicken onion mixture, then the sauce.
5) Sprinkle the top with grated cheese and bake!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Coming Next Week on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Next Tuesday I’m going all traditional with an easy Scottish lentil soup. That one will really warm your soul!
Then on Thursday, we’re way overdue for another of my famous cheesecakes, so prepare for my delicious coffee cheesecake!
Have a great weekend and I’ll catch you Tuesday. 😉
The Best Chicken and Sweetcorn Pasta Bake Recipe
To go with this pasta bake, I like to serve it either with a simple side salad or quick to cook green vegetables like peas and / or broccoli.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
- 400 g penne pasta*
- Low fat cooking spray
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 300 g chicken breasts cut into bite size chunks**
- 300 ml skimmed milk
- 15 g corn flour mixed with 2 tbsp. cold water
- 125 g low fat grated cheese
- 150 g frozen sweetcorn
- Preheat oven to 180C Fan.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water, as per packet instructions, drain, stir in the frozen sweetcorn and set aside.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking spray the bottom of a large frying pan about 5 times with the cooking spray. Turn the heat on high and then turn it down to medium when the oil starts to bubble.
- Add the onion and sauté for 2- 3 minutes then add the garlic and sauté for a further minute. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Stir in the chicken chunks and cook, stirring until the outsides are no longer white. Set aside.
- Pour the milk and corn flour mixture into a medium sized saucepan. Bring the mixture to the boil, then turn it down to simmer whilst you stir it constantly with a wooden spoon to make a white sauce.
- Once the sauce has thickened add 25g of the grated cheese and stir it in until combined.
- Pour the pasta and sweetcorn into a large casserole dish and then add the chicken onion mixture. Add the sauce to this mixture and stir everything well until well coated by the sauce.
- Sprinkle the rest of the grated cheese over the top and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the cheese has browned slightly and is bubbling.
Serve with a simple side salad or simple green vegetables like peas and / or broccoli.
*whole wheat if you can get it.
**You could also use any leftover chicken you might have.