This delicious creamy sweetcorn chowder is low cost, low calorie and easy to put together and make in 30 minutes. Its absolutely perfect for a cold winters day!
Folks, I’ve got a whole pot of this creamy sweetcorn chowder downstairs, freshly made!
On a day like today it’s perfect because as I write this, I’m looking outside on a blizzard.
The wind is howling and the temperature is dropping like a stone but do you know what?
This soup is perfect for keeping me warm. And the great thing about it is it can be ready in 30 minutes!
So, it’s time for me to share, with you, this vibrant and filling bowl of yum.
Not only is it delicious but vegetarian and vegan friendly too.
It’s got a gentle little crunch from the sweetcorn and a warming heat from the chilli.
I love to put scoops of this soup onto crisp breads but I think it would go equally well with some nice rye bread too. Whatever tickles your fancy 😉
- 600 g frozen sweetcorn de-frosted.
- 3 spring onions , 2 topped, tailed and coarsely chopped. 1 finely chopped.
- 1 clove garlic , peeled and chopped.
- 1 long red chilli , de-seeded and chopped.
- 15 g corn flour.
- 800 ml vegetable stock.
- Salt and pepper.
- Put 500g of the 600g of de-frosted sweetcorn into a food processor along with the coarsely chopped spring onions, garlic and red chilli. Blitz the mixture into a coarse paste.
- Add the paste to a large saucepan with the corn flour and remaining sweetcorn.
- Pour over the vegetable stock, bring the soup to a boil and simmer for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Season to taste and then serve in bowls garnished with the remaining finely chopped spring onion.
I think the salads might be feeling a bit neglected though as I haven’t added anything there for a while. The way the weather is going it could be a while!!! ❗
Thanks as always for following and taking your time to read my blog.
Finally today as its Thursday I like to link up with Amanda at Running with Spoons here to share with you what’s going on over there!
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.