This delicious creamy sweetcorn chowder is low cost, low calorie and easy to put together and make in 30 minutes. Its absolutely perfect for a cold winters day!
Folks, I’ve got a whole pot of this creamy sweetcorn chowder downstairs, freshly made!
On a day like today it’s perfect because as I write this, I’m looking outside on a blizzard.
The wind is howling and the temperature is dropping like a stone but do you know what?
This soup is perfect for keeping me warm. And the great thing about it is it can be ready in 30 minutes!
So, it’s time for me to share, with you, this vibrant and filling bowl of yum.
Not only is it delicious but glutenfree, paleo and vegan friendly too!
It’s got a gentle little crunch from the sweetcorn and a warming heat from the chilli.
I love to put scoops of this soup onto crisp breads but I think it would go equally well with some nice rye bread too. Whatever tickles your fancy 😉
I think the salads might be feeling a bit neglected though as I haven’t added anything there for a while.
The way the weather is going it could be a while!!! ❗
Thanks as always for following and taking your time to read my blog.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Creamy Soup Recipes For You To Try
- Creamy cauliflower and cumin soup is a quick and easy delicious soup. It’s the perfect go-to winter comfort soup and ideal as a starter for a meal or on its own.
- Creamy vegan cauliflower leek soup is a delicious comforting soup. Easy to make, it’s a light and healthy low-calorie soup on the table in under an hour!
- 30-Minute sweetcorn soup is a deliciously creamy and healthy budget soup. This quick and easy recipe uses frozen sweetcorn to reduce the cooking time.
Creamy Sweetcorn Chowder Recipe
This creamy sweetcorn chowder is such a tasty and healthy soup recipe. And it’s perfect for freezing too.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Creamy Sweetcorn Chowder
- 600 g frozen sweetcorn de-frosted.
- 3 spring onions , 2 topped, tailed and coarsely chopped. 1 finely chopped.
- 1 clove garlic , peeled and chopped.
- 1 long red chilli , de-seeded and chopped.
- 15 g corn flour.
- 800 ml vegetable stock.
- Salt and pepper.
- Put 500g of the 600g of de-frosted sweetcorn into a food processor along with the coarsely chopped spring onions, garlic and red chilli. Blitz the mixture into a coarse paste.
- Add the paste to a large saucepan with the corn flour and remaining sweetcorn.
- Pour over the vegetable stock, bring the soup to a boil and simmer for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Season to taste and then serve in bowls garnished with the remaining finely chopped spring onion.