30-Minute sweetcorn soup is a deliciously creamy and healthy budget soup. This quick and easy recipe uses frozen sweetcorn to reduce the cooking time.
Folks you’ll be amazed at just how full of flavour this straightforward 30-minute sweetcorn soup really is.
This frozen sweetcorn soup recipe proves that it’s perfectly possible to make delicious and healthy meals using minimal ingredients. Especially low cost budget ingredients like frozen sweetcorn.
My creamy sweetcorn chowder recipe is one such popular recipe made with frozen sweetcorn too!
I love to make tasty low cost meals. Ones that can be made in relatively little time.
This unfussy soup recipe can be made in just 30 minutes!
When I was creating this sweetcorn soup recipe I did wonder if it was too early for soup recipes.
I mean we’re not quite at the end of summer yet here in Scotland. The temperature is still in double digits too.
But then again I eat soup all year round. It’s a great way to help me stay in a healthy weight range.
I always have batches of frozen soup, like this sweetcorn soup in the freezer.
It’s great for when you’re short on time. Plus it’s really filling too.
It’s also delicious budget soups like this 30-minute sweetcorn soup recipe that help Lady Lynne and I save our pennies.
Having a tight control of your food budget means your money can be spent elsewhere.
We’d far rather spend our money on great holidays and an active lifestyle instead of material stuff that we consider we just don’t need.
But, watching what you spend on your food budget doesn’t mean you don’t eat well. Indeed I’ve proved that here with this soup recipe made from frozen sweetcorn.
So you see, you’re still eating well and healthily. As well as cooking from scratch, using less ingredients!
The only other things added to this soup are garlic which helps to give it its unique flavour. And soft cheese for its amazing creamy texture.
Questions On How To Make This 30-Minute Sweetcorn Soup
- Is this sweetcorn soup healthy? Yes it’s low calorie, low fat and high in fibre.
- Is this sweetcorn soup good for weight loss? It can aid weight loss. The insoluble fibre in corn makes you feel fuller quicker and for longer. Reducing the temptation to eat more or reach for unhealthy snacks.
- How many calories are in this sweetcorn soup? 325 calories per serving.
- Can sweetcorn soup be frozen? Yes.
- Can I make this sweetcorn soup vegetarian? Yes substitute the chicken stock with vegetable stock instead.
- What goes with this sweetcorn soup? – You could enjoy this soup with a slice of Multigrain Bread (the one that’s in the pictures) to help you mop up every last drop!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Budget Soup Recipes For You To Try
- Pea and mint soup. Quick, easy and cheap to make as it’s made from frozen peas. This is a deliciously creamy gluten free and vegan frozen pea soup recipe!
- Simple skinny tomato soup. Low in calories, carbs, fat and cost. This soup is so full of tomato flavour it will make you reluctant to buy any tinned soup ever again!
- Simple spiced carrot soup is vegan, gluten free and paleo. Easy and inexpensive to make, you’ll love this tasty delicately spiced healthy bowl of deliciousness!
Coming Thursday on Neil’s Healthy Meals
So we swing from a soup recipe to a dinner recipe next week. That’s the way this blog goes!
I’ve got a tasty Mediterranean Feta Chicken dinner coming. It’s delicious rich tomato taste is very pleasing. And it’s great as a family dinner too.
Until then have a great weekend!
30-Minute Sweetcorn Soup Recipe
If you can’t get frozen sweetcorn then you can substitute with canned sweet corn kernels instead!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
30-Minute Sweetcorn Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 700 g bag frozen sweetcorn
- 750 ml chicken stock
- 200 ml skimmed milk
- 40 g low fat cream cheese
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Gently heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the onions and garlic and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes until the softened.
- Add the bag of frozen sweetcorn then the chicken stock. Bring to the boil then turn down to simmer for about 5 minutes until the corn is softened.
- Blitz the soup with a stick blender or in a blender until completely smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan turn the heat on low, stir in the skimmed milk and cream cheese and keep stirring until blended and there are no lumps. Then remove from the heat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.