This chicken sweetcorn and mushroom bake is a delicious, nice and easy family bake. The recipe also includes my French style green beans side making this a great weekday family meal.
Folks I understand that when you’re busy sometimes the last thing you want to think about is food.
The preparation of it. Trying to keep it healthy. It being something substantial enough to feed the whole family.
That can all prove to be a drain on you, to say the least.
That’s where this chicken sweetcorn and mushroom bake comes into play.
It’s a family meal ALL IN ONE!
This chicken sweetcorn and mushroom bake takes just 45 minutes to prepare then 45 minutes to cook and it serves 4.
This low calorie family meal also includes my easy French style green beans too.
They take just minutes to cook whilst the casserole is baking.
The dish gives you everything you need as a main course family meal. Plus for those of you counting calories it’s only 301 calories per portion (excluding the green beans).
For this Chicken Sweetcorn and Mushroom Bake Recipe you may need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links – which means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
This is a similar casserole dish to the one I use. As you can see it’s relatively inexpensive and its perfect for casserole / bake recipes.
It’s durable, resistant to breakage and easy to clean. Perfect for lasagne, side dishes and desserts too!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.This chicken sweetcorn and mushroom bake is a delicious, nice and easy family bake. The recipe includes a French style green beans side making this a great weekday all in one family meal!Click To Tweet
If you enjoyed this easy bake recipe then why not try my creamy chicken, leek and mushroom pasta bake recipe?
Chicken Sweetcorn and Mushroom Bake Recipe
Once cooked you can freeze this chicken sweetcorn and mushroom bake, no problems! Although I would suggest that it is best served fresh.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
A nice, easy and delicious low cost family bake for when time is short with a French green beans side.
- 500 g waxy potatoes peeled and sliced thinly
- Low calorie cooking oil spray
- 1 large onion peeled and chopped
- 225 g mushrooms sliced
- 170 g chicken cooked and chopped
- 25 g corn flour mixed with 3 tbsp. cold water
- 150 ml skimmed milk
- 150 ml chicken stock
- 120 g frozen sweetcorn
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 clove garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 450 ml hot vegetable stock
- 300 g frozen or fresh green beans
- Pre-heat oven to 200C fan.
Add the potato slices to boiling salted water and cook for 5 minutes then place them in a colander to drain and cool.
Spray the bottom of a large saucepan 5 times with the low calorie cooking spray. Turn the heat under the saucepan on high initially and when the oil begins to bubble a little turn the heat down and add the onion and mushrooms. Sauté them until they are soft. About 5 minutes.
- Once the onion and mushrooms are softened add the cooked chicken, corn flour water mixture, skimmed milk and chicken stock. Stir everything together well until thickened and then season to taste.
- Add the frozen sweetcorn, bring the whole mixture to the boil, then turn down the heat and allow everything to simmer gently for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the bake mixture into an ovenproof dish and top the mixture with the potato slices.
- Spray the top of the potatoes evenly with the low calorie cooking spray (about 6 – 8 sprays).
- Bake in the centre of your oven for about 45 minutes until the potatoes are brown and crispy.
Whilst the casserole is baking. Put 2 tbsp. of the hot vegetable stock into a saucepan along with the finely chopped garlic and turn on the heat allowing the garlic to cook a little in the hot stock for 3- 4 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetable stock and then the green beans and simmer until cooked to preference.