Easy vegan chilli is an all in one pot healthy and delicious bean chilli recipe. Packed full of vitamins with this meal you’ll find you won’t be missing meat at all!
Folks. I think you’re going to love this easy vegan chilli.
It’s great to have it just on its own or maybe within some wholemeal wraps.
The quantities in the recipe can easily be doubled up to make more. So it’s an ideal party sharing chilli dish and it’s easily frozen too.
Whatever your preference it takes less than one hour to make and it’s low cost as well, it’s a winner all round!
I’ve got those folks at Cirio to thank for sending me free samples of their chopped tomatoes and tomato passata which I used in the ingredients for this tasty recipe. I was not paid to make this recipe.
This easy vegan chilli recipe will make sure you’re eating plenty of vegetables.
I mean we’re always being told to eat lots more vegetables aren’t we?
And now it’s no longer a minimum of 5 portions we should eat daily, it’s 10 portions!!
Well I don’t know about you, but I always try to make sure I’m getting as many vegetables as I can on a daily basis.
But 10 portions? What next? Do you think they’ll add another meal to the day just to make sure we hit 10 portions? Ha ha!
But seriously, I think it’s just best to try and eat as many veggies as possible and not have to “hit” a specific daily goal. It’s like they’re making food into a competition isn’t it?
At least with eating this easy vegan chilli we are trying aren’t we?
It’s nearly there with just over half of that veggie requirement and you could easily add some more if you wanted to, although it’s pretty filling as it is!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Vegan Recipes You Might Also Like
- Vegan mixed bean curry is an easy 40 minute one pan healthy budget bean curry recipe. It goes perfectly with rice or naan bread!
- Slow cooker budget bean burritos are the perfect recipe for feeding the family and letting you get on with other things in the meantime!
- One pot chickpea and red lentil dahl is just packed with flavour. A delicious easy healthy and vegan recipe that’s great served with rice or naan breads!
Coming Next Week on Neil’s Healthy Meals
I’m loving seeing the lighter mornings and evenings here in Scotland!
Believe it or not I’m even beginning to think about some salad recipes.
I said “think”, because we’ve only just got through Storm Doris and whenever I mention bringing a new salad recipe to the blog it seems I jinx everything and we’re right back to soups!
Anyway let me know what you think of the easy vegan chilli recipe.
Please join me next week when I’ll be attempting to bring my first skillet recipe, a potato mushroom and onion skillet recipe!
Easy Vegan Chilli Recipe
Although this vegan chilli is pretty filling on it’s own you could serve it with some Basmati rice.
It’s also delicious garnished with some chopped green chillies or jalapeno peppers, and a dollop of sour cream or crème frâiche!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Easy Vegan Chilli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 large carrot diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 x 400g tin kidney beans
- 1 x 400g tin black beans
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 100 g frozen sweetcorn
- 235 g tomato passata
- Freshly ground salt and pepper to season
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- Gently heat olive oil in a large casserole dish / saucepan.
- Sauté onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes until just beginning to soften.
- Add carrot and continue to sauté for a further 3 minutes. Keep stirring the vegetables whilst cooking.
- Stir in the spices then add the tins of beans, chopped tomatoes and sweetcorn.
- Add Passata, season to taste and stir everything well together and cook, stirring occasionally for about 20 minutes.
- Divide into bowls garnished with coriander.