Lamb chilli curry recipe is an easy Indian curry that will have your taste buds simply tingling in delight as they experience first, the tender marinated lamb then second, the rich chilli sauce.
Warning. This lamb chilli curry recipe is quite hot!
But it is also an absolutely delicious lamb curry.
You can reduce the quantities of the chilli ingredients if required, and it will still be really tasty!
First let me mention my father in law again. Whom I previously mentioned in my Chicken Vindaloo recipe.
He just loves his curries.
So this recipe was put together with him in mind, when he requested something hot and spicy with lamb and Chilli in!
To Make This Lamb Chilli Curry Recipe You May Need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Lamb Recipes You Might Also Like
- Skinny lamb curry is great when you want to enjoy the full flavours of a lamb curry without the guilty feeling of adding to your waist line.
- One pot chorizo and lamb stew is a comforting, delicious and easy to make hearty family meal. This Mediterranean style casserole is simply packed with flavour and is perfect served with rice or crusty bread.
- Lamb rogan josh and naan breads go together so well creating an amazing tasty Sunday curry feast! Here I show you how to make lamb rogan josh with home-made naan breads.
Lamb Chilli Curry Recipe
I’ve suggested serving this lamb curry with rice but you could also serve with home made naan breads instead.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Lamb Chilli Curry
- Low fat cooking spray
- 2 large onions diced
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp green chilli paste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 400 g lean lamb leg steaks diced
- 150 ml warm water
- ½ tsp tamarind pulp
- Freshly chopped coriander for garnish.
- Spray the bottom of a medium sized saucepan / casserole dish 5 times with the cooking spray.
- Turn the heat on high under the saucepan / casserole dish then when the oil begins to bubble turn down the heat to medium.
- Add the onions and garlic and stir these constantly together until soft about 5 minutes and use drops of hot water if they begin to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the green chilli paste, ground cumin, ground turmeric, chilli powder and ground ginger and stir the spices into the mixture for approximately 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to cool a little.
- Remove the spiced onion mixture to a blender and puree to a sauce consistency.
- Add the sauce back to the pan and bring back to a simmer. Then add the cubed lamb and the warm water. Stir the mixture together until combined then put on the lid and cook for approximately 1 hour – 1 hour 30 minutes until the lamb is cooked and tender.
- Stir in the tamarind pulp and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve on rice garnished with coriander. (Rice not included in Nutrition Label calculation)