Let the mouth-watering aromas of this delicious healthy Moroccan beef tagine permeate every part of your kitchen! Packed full of essential vitamins and minerals, and all done in one pot, you’ll love this simple, tasty, healthy family dish.
I love tagines, I love Morocco, and I love Moroccan cooking. So let’s not say any more other than here’s my Moroccan Beef Tagine. 🙂
You don’t need a tagine dish to make this, although for the authenticity , and the fact I’m lucky to have one, I do. But you can use an oven proof casserole dish, no problems.
Oh and if you don’t fancy a beef tagine, for a vegetarian tagine option how about trying my spicy moroccan chickpea tagine?
I really can’t describe how excited I am to be heading off on Saturday for a week in Las Vegas. It’s been nearly a year since Lynne and I were abroad on our honeymoon in Dubai and Kenya. We had such an amazing time there that words could not describe. I’m not looking to compare our Vegas trip to that, I’m just so looking forward to a break.
So, the blog will take a week’s break and be back for the regular Tuesday and Thursday updates week commencing 1 September.
I love the feedback and mails you guys send me, so keep them coming and I’ll get back to you on my return. Two recent recipes the pecan nut biscuit bars and the fruit and nut snack bars have gone down particularly well.
So, until I return, I hope you enjoy this Moroccan beef tagine recipe and feel free to comment below. 🙂
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Tagine Recipes You Might Also Like
- Easy Moroccan chicken tagine with butternut squash is a perfect, flavoursome, family meal taking just one hour to make. It’s delicious served over couscous!
- Tasty, spicy Moroccan chickpea tagine is packed full of delicious veggies and this vegetarian dish makes for an excellent hearty meal.
Moroccan Beef Tagine Recipe
As a serving suggestion I like to serve this with some delicious couscous. It just needs a little because this Moroccan beef tagine is pretty filling.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Let the mouth-watering aromas of this delicious healthy Moroccan beef tagine permeate every part of your kitchen!
- 500 g lean casserole beef
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400 g tin chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 80 g prunes chopped in half
- Chopped fresh coriander for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 160Fan.
- Cut the beef into cubes and toss them in the ground cumin, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground coriander and paprika. Leave to the side whilst you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Place the spice covered beef, sliced onions, crushed garlic and tomatoes into the tagine. Mix together well, put the lid on and place into the oven.
- Cook for 1 hour. Then add the chickpeas and the prunes.
- Cook for 1 further hour or until the beef is tender.
- Remove from the oven and serve on couscous garnished with the coriander.
Use an oven proof casserole dish if you do not have a tagine.