Leek and stilton soup is a creamy and delicious recipe. This winter warmer will soon have you glowing and would make a perfect festive starter but is great all year round too!
Folks I reckon this leek and stilton soup would be a brilliant starter for your Christmas Day meal.
It’s not too heavy and filling, but it’s delicious enough to set you up for the rest of your festive feast.
I also think that this tasty cheesy leek soup is a great way to use up any of that leftover stilton.
Because we nearly always have leftover cheese at the end of the season, don’t we?
There’s definitely been a bit of a downward turn in the temperature here in Glasgow over the last week.
Just before the change we were experiencing a pretty warm November.
I actually wondered if it was appropriate to publish a soup recipe yet!
I no longer have to worry about that. It’s time. Besides it would be wrong of me not to share such a delicious recipe!
This is a nice and simple soup to prepare too.
There’s just 15 minutes of prep and then 30 minutes to cook. Then you’ll be tucking into a bowl of delicious soul food.
I’ve noticed that other similar recipes use single cream to make their soup creamy.
I’ve used low fat soft cheese instead.
That does the job perfectly and reduces the overall calorie content to just 217 calories per serving!
This leek and stilton soup recipe makes 6 portions, so again that’s plenty if you’re considering it for Christmas Day
Any leftovers are freezable too. If there are any leftovers…….. 😉
Oh and if you enjoyed this then be sure to check out my other cheesy broccoli and stilton soup recipe!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Leek and Stilton Soup Recipe
Enjoy this soup with some fresh crusty bread. This wholemeal cob loaf recipe would be an ideal choice to accompany!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Leek and Stilton Soup
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- Low fat cooking spray
- 1 stick of celery chopped
- 4 leeks chopped
- 1 large baking potato peeled and diced
- 1 L vegetable stock
- 200 g low fat soft cheese
- 50 g blue stilton cheese broken up
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Spray a large saucepan about 5 times with the low fat cooking spray. Turn the heat on high and when the oil begins to bubble a little, turn the heat down to medium.
- Sauté the celery about 4 – 5 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid any sticking to the saucepan.
- Add the leeks and potato, stir for about 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable stock, bring to the boil and then simmer for approximately 15 – 20 minutes.
- Blitz the soup in a blender or a food processor.
- Return the soup to the pan and bring it back to the boil and then turn down to simmer and then stir in the soft cheese first and then the blue stilton.
- Stir the soup well to ensure all the cheese has melted and there are no lumps. Season to taste, garnish with the parsley and then serve in bowls with fresh crusty bread.