This broccoli and stilton soup is vegetarian, gluten free and low calorie. Its a cheesy tasting delicious bowl of comfort giving you a warm glow at any time of the year. You would never know that this is only 293 calories a serving!
Happy Tuesday Folks!
Now there’s a story that goes with this delicious healthy broccoli and stilton soup.
I was going to post it just after Christmas. In the first week in January. And now I know it’s March.
You see I had full intentions of posting it then. Why?
Well because it’s usually just after Christmas and New Year that we all have a load of leftover Christmas cheese in our fridge don’t we?
So this recipe would have been ideal for using up your stilton cheese.
Except for us there was just one problem.
For what must have been the first time ever. There wasn’t any leftover stilton.
Nope, we’d eaten it all! 😆
So slightly late, I bring to you today this simple broccoli and stilton soup recipe that was destined for January!
But seriously folks. You should just have this at any time of the year.
And not have to wait until you have leftover stilton!
You should eat this stilton soup all year round if possible. Because it just tastes so good!
Your Questions Answered About This Broccoli and Stilton Soup
- Is this a healthy broccoli and stilton soup? Yes if you compare this recipe to other similar ones on the internet. For example Delia Smith’s recipe uses double cream. Here I’ve kept the fat content as low as possible by using low fat soft cheese and only the minimal amount of stilton required for this soup to still taste amazing.
- How many calories are in this soup. There are 293 calories in this broccoli and stilton soup.
- Can you freeze this soup? Yes you can freeze this soup. When you re-heat it though stir it thoroughly to make sure the cheese isn’t in lumps!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Add your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Coming Tomorrow on Neil’s Healthy Meals
I’ll be back again tomorrow with a brand new bread recipe.
Yes a bread. A lovely easy to make wholemeal cob loaf.
The reason for that bread recipe is that it goes with the moules marinieres recipe I’m bringing to you on Thursday!
And do you know what? If you wait for the bread recipe tomorrow you could have it with this soup too!
See you again tomorrow! 😀This broccoli and stilton soup is vegetarian, gluten free and low calorie. Its a cheesy tasting delicious bowl of comfort giving you a warm glow at any time of the year. You would never know that this is only 293 calories a serving!Click To Tweet
Broccoli and Stilton Soup Recipe
Enjoy this soup with some fresh crusty bread. Or make healthy croutons by the method in my Mediterranean vegetable soup recipe.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
- Low fat cooking spray
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 300 g broccoli florets
- 1 L vegetable stock
- 200 g low fat soft cheese
- 50 g blue stilton cheese broken up
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- Spray a large saucepan about 5 times with the low fat cooking spray. Turn the heat on high and when the oil begins to bubble a little, turn the heat down to medium.
- Sauté the onion and garlic for about 4 – 5 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid any sticking to the saucepan.
- Add the broccoli florets and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and then simmer for approximately 15 – 20 minutes.
- Blitz the soup in a blender or a food processor.
- Return the soup to the pan and bring it back to the boil and then turn down to simmer and then stir in the soft cheese first and then the blue stilton.
- Stir the soup well to ensure all the cheese has melted, season to taste and then serve in bowls with fresh crusty bread.