Broccoli and stilton soup. Vegetarian, gluten free and low calorie. A cheesy tasting delicious bowl of comfort giving you a warm glow at any time of the year!
So folks there’s a story that goes with this delicious healthy broccoli and stilton soup.
I was going to post it just after Christmas. In the first week in January. And now I know it’s March.
You see I had full intentions of posting it then. Why?
Well because it’s usually just after Christmas and New Year that we all have a load of leftover Christmas cheese in our fridge don’t we?
So this recipe for broccoli soup would have been ideal for using up your stilton cheese.
Except for us there was just one problem.
For what must have been the first time ever. There wasn’t any leftover stilton.
Nope, we’d eaten it all!
So slightly late, I bring to you today this simple broccoli with stilton soup recipe that was destined for January!
But seriously folks. You should just have this at any time of the year.
And not have to wait until you have leftover stilton!
You should eat this stilton broccoli soup all year round if possible. Because it just tastes so good!
Your Questions Answered About This Broccoli and Stilton Soup
- Is this a healthy soup? Yes if you compare this recipe to other similar ones on the internet. For example Delia Smith’s recipe uses double cream. Here I’ve kept the fat content as low as possible by using low fat soft cheese and only the minimal amount of stilton required for this soup to still taste amazing.
- How many calories are in this soup. There are 293 calories in this broccoli and stilton soup.
- Can you freeze this soup? Yes you can freeze this soup. When you re-heat it though stir it thoroughly to make sure the cheese isn’t in lumps!
For This Broccoli Stilton Soup You May Need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Soup Recipes You Might Also Like
- Leek and stilton soup is a creamy and delicious recipe. This winter warmer will soon have you glowing and would make a perfect festive starter but is great all year round too!
- This tasty ham and vegetable soup is packed full of nutrition. It’s an easy to make hearty healthy soup that makes 6 to 8 portions. It freezes well too.
- Cheesy cauliflower and white bean soup is a delicious way of creating a twist on the classic combination of cauliflower cheese in the form of a healthy versatile bean soup!
This broccoli and stilton soup is vegetarian, gluten free and low calorie. Its a cheesy tasting delicious bowl of comfort giving you a warm glow at any time of the year. And it's only 293 calories a serving!
Broccoli and Stilton Soup Recipe
Enjoy this broccoli stilton soup with some fresh wholemeal bread as seen in the recipe pictures.
Or make healthy croutons by the method in my Mediterranean vegetable soup recipe.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Broccoli and Stilton Soup
- Low fat cooking spray
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 300 g broccoli florets
- 1 L vegetable stock
- 200 g low fat soft cheese
- 50 g blue stilton cheese broken up
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper
- Spray a large saucepan about 5 times with the low fat cooking spray. Turn the heat on high and when the oil begins to bubble a little, turn the heat down to medium.
- Sauté the onion and garlic for about 4 – 5 minutes, stirring constantly to avoid any sticking to the saucepan.
- Add the broccoli florets and vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and then simmer for approximately 15 – 20 minutes.
- Blitz the soup in a blender or a food processor.
- Return the soup to the pan and bring it back to the boil and then turn down to simmer and then stir in the soft cheese first and then the blue stilton.
- Stir the soup well to ensure all the cheese has melted, season to taste and then serve in bowls with fresh crusty bread.