Nachos with spicy salsa is an easy to make version of the delicious Mexican sharing snack without the calorific content. Simple and made from fresh and low cost ingredients!
This nachos with spicy salsa was such an easy recipe to come up with.
The spicy salsa itself literally takes no more than 10 minutes to make.
Then the only addition you need to the salsa is a bag of tortilla chips.
Just spread the tortilla chips in an oven proof dish.
Cover them with the spicy salsa mixture and some grated cheese.
Then place under your grill, melt the cheese over the top and voila!
Top Tips For The Best Nachos With Spicy Salsa
- Keep your toppings “light” so that you don’t make the Nachos soggy
- It’s better to make batches of this recipe than to double the ingredients to try and make larger portions if making to serve to many guests
- Serve with additional jalapeno’s if you like it really spicy
- Add canned beans if you want to make this more of a meal
- Serve with a low fat plain yogurt
- Serve and eat immediately whilst still warm and do not try to reheat (or they end up soggy! 😉 )
For This Nachos Recipe You May Need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Snack Recipes You Might Also Like
- Curly kale crisps make an ideal quick healthy snack recipe. Here I show you how to make curly kale crisps in just 15 minutes. You’ll love this easy light and crispy savoury delight!
- These 4 easy healthy dips to make are perfect for sharing with friends or taking to parties. Tasty and delicious, these guilt free dip recipes are made with less salt, are lower in fat and have no sugar added unlike shop bought.
- Focaccia is the perfect sharing bread. This recipe shows you just just how easy it is to make. It’s perfect for sharing with friends and great with oils and dips!
Nachos With Spicy Salsa Recipe
You’ll notice the difference in the freshness of this alternative nachos with spicy salsa recipe compared to shop bought.
Plus by making your own version you can vary what you put in it and the overall spiciness!
I’d also love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Nachos with Spicy Salsa
For the Spicy Salsa :-
- 1 medium sized ripe tomato.
- ½ red pepper.
- 1 red chilli pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 inches piece of cucumber
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
For the Nachos :-
- 75 g low fat tortilla chips
- 75 g low fat grated cheddar cheese
- Chop all the spicy salsa ingredients into same size chunks (about 0.5cm) and put them into a bowl. Mix together to let the flavours and spices combine and leave to marinate for a few minutes. Longer if you have more time. Season to taste.
- Switch on grill to maximum heat
- In an oven proof dish spread out the tortilla chips
- Cover the tortilla chips with a generous layer (all if you want) of the spicy salsa.
- Sprinkle the grated reduced fat cheddar cheese on top.
- Place under the grill and melt the cheese slowly watching it to ensure it doesn't burn.
- Serve and eat immediately fresh with the cheese melted and gooey!