These mint aero cupcakes are oozing with that unique chocolatey peppermint taste that you can only get from an Aero bar, but in a delightful cupcake form. They’re much healthier and kids will love them!
Today, I bring you my mint aero cupcakes.
Requested by Lady Lynne to be made as chocolatey and minty as possible but with no butter and “more healthy”, than other such recipes that are available online!
And the verdict?
She loves these mint aero cupcakes!
I must admit I literally had to stop myself gorging on them as I’d made these, as my “last” cakes for my colleagues at work, before I leave on Friday.
So yeah, those of you who read my blog and keep up with me will know that I am being made redundant from my current employment and will finish this Friday.
So these mint aero cupcakes are the last cupcakes that I will ask my colleagues there to sample!
Thanks to you all for sampling and commenting on which ones were good and which ones needed so tweaking / more effort guys. 🙂
And we won’t talk about those one’s that were as dry as the Sahara desert…… 😉
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Cupcake Recipes You Might Also Like
- Banana blueberry breakfast muffins. Say hello and good morning to these healthier, delicious breakfast muffins. Make your start to the day a good one!
- Dark chocolate raspberry muffins made with delicious fresh raspberries, teasing little pieces of dark chocolate and a sensational moist centre for only 200 calories each!
- Low fat banana peanut butter muffins. Delicious peanut butter with that sweet banana taste and a beautiful moist textured centre. Peanut butter and banana lovers will crave this recipe! Even more so at only 184 calories per muffin!
Mint Aero Cupcakes Recipe
Store your mint aero cupcakes in an air tight container and they should remain fresh for 3 to 4 days at least!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Mint Aero Cupcakes
For the cupcakes:-
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa power
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 75 g caster sugar
- 50 ml sunflower oil
- 3 medium sized eggs
- 100 ml yogurt 0% fat
- 100 g mint Aero chocolate bar , grated
For the topping:-
- 100 g quark cheese 0% fat
- 2 tbsp sifted icing sugar
- ½ tsp peppermint essence
- ¼ tsp green food colouring
- 30 g mint Aero chocolate bar , grated
- Pre-heat oven to 180C Fan and line a 12 hole cupcake tin with paper cases.
- In a bowl sieve the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- In a larger mixing bowl, mix together the sugar, oil, eggs, yogurt and grated aero bar.
- Add the first bowl ingredients to the larger mixing bowl ingredients and fold everything gently together.
- Spoon the mixture equally between the 12 paper cases.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 12 – 15 minutes, watching the outside does not burn and testing the centres are cooked with a tooth pick /skewer, which should come out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from the cake tin to a wire rack and allow to cool a little.
- Meanwhile mix all the icing ingredients together, and once the cupcakes have cooled top them with the icing.