These mint aero cupcakes are oozing with that unique chocolatey peppermint taste that you can only get from an Aero bar, but in a delightful cupcake form. They’re much healthier and kids will love them!
Today, I bring you my mint aero cupcakes.
Requested by Lady Lynne to be made as chocolatey and minty as possible but with no butter and “more healthy”, than other such recipes that are available online!
And the verdict?
She loves these mint aero cupcakes!
I must admit I literally had to stop myself gorging on them as I’d made these, as my “last” cakes for my colleagues at work, before I leave on Friday.
So yeah, those of you who read my blog and keep up with me will know that I am being made redundant from my current employment and will finish this Friday.
So these mint aero cupcakes are the last cupcakes that I will ask my colleagues there to sample!
Thanks to you all for sampling and commenting on which ones were good and which ones needed so tweaking / more effort guys. 🙂
And we won’t talk about those one’s that were as dry as the Sahara desert…… 😉
Anyway, it was a weekend of 2 completely different musical extremes that Lynne and I just had!
On Saturday we were at the Theatre Royal watching Matthew Bourne’s musical dance production and magical adaptation of the classic Tim Burton motion picture Edward Scissorhands. It was exceptionally good. I didn’t know what to expect before I went and I must be maturing because a few years ago I definitely wouldn’t have enjoyed something like that which had a fair bit of “ballet” dance manoeuvers in. 😕
The other musical performance that I was so looking forward to was a re-union of a band that my friends and I had first seen, when we were 17, and at the Glasgow Barrowlands.
So the opportunity to see The Jesus and Mary Chain again, at the same place, some 25 years later, was one I just couldn’t miss. Sadly, I just felt they weren’t that good. The guitars were not in sync and the lyrics were barely audible. Or perhaps I’ve just grown up from my adolescent years…..
Anyway finally the recipe!
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa power
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 75 g caster sugar
- 50 ml sunflower oil
- 3 medium sized eggs
- 100 ml 0% fat yogurt
- 100 g mint Aero bar , grated
- 100 g 0% fat quark cheese
- 2 tbsp sifted icing sugar
- ½ tsp peppermint essence
- ¼ tsp green food colouring
- 30 g mint Aero bar , grated
- Pre-heat oven to 180C Fan and line a 12 hole cupcake tin with paper cases.
- In a bowl sieve the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- In a larger mixing bowl, mix together the sugar, oil, eggs, yogurt and grated aero bar.
- Add the first bowl ingredients to the larger mixing bowl ingredients and fold everything gently together.
- Spoon the mixture equally between the 12 paper cases.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 12 – 15 minutes, watching the outside does not burn and testing the centres are cooked with a tooth pick /skewer, which should come out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from the cake tin to a wire rack and allow to cool a little.
- Meanwhile mix all the icing ingredients together, and once the cupcakes have cooled top them with the icing.
Nutrition label values are per cupcake.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy the mint aero cupcakes as much as we have in tasting the several batches that have gone through the NeilsHealthyMeals kitchen! 😆
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.