These mint aero cupcakes are oozing with that unique chocolatey peppermint taste that you can only get from an Aero bar, but in a delightful cupcake form. They’re much healthier and kids will love them!
Today, I bring you my delicious mint aero cupcakes.
Requested by my other half to be made as chocolatey and minty as possible but with no butter and “more healthy”, than other such recipes that are available online!
And the verdict?
She loves these mint aero cupcakes!
I must admit I literally had to stop myself gorging on them before I let my colleagues at work taste test them too.
They went down so well that I was asked to make another batch as soon as possible!!
For These Mint Aero Cupcakes You May Need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 12 hole muffin tin
- Measuring spoons
- Kitchen scale
- Measuring jug
- Large mixing bowl
- Pyrex mixing glass bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Wooden skewers
- Wire baking rack
As you can see it’s relatively inexpensive and it’s perfect for all kinds of muffin recipes.
It’s made with heavy gauge carbon steel for long lasting performance and comes with a 25 year guarantee!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Cupcake Recipes You Might Also Like
- Banana blueberry breakfast muffins. Say hello and good morning to these healthier, delicious breakfast muffins. Make your start to the day a good one!
- Dark chocolate raspberry muffins made with delicious fresh raspberries, teasing little pieces of dark chocolate and a sensational moist centre for only 200 calories each!
- Low fat banana peanut butter muffins. Delicious peanut butter with that sweet banana taste and a beautiful moist textured centre. Peanut butter and banana lovers will crave this recipe! Even more so at only 184 calories per muffin!
Mint Aero Cupcakes Recipe
Store your mint aero cupcakes in an air tight container and they should remain fresh for 3 to 4 days at least!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Mint Aero Cupcakes
For the cupcakes:-
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa power
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 75 g caster sugar
- 50 ml sunflower oil
- 3 medium sized eggs
- 100 ml yogurt 0% fat
- 100 g mint Aero chocolate bar , grated
For the topping:-
- 100 g quark cheese 0% fat
- 2 tbsp sifted icing sugar
- ½ tsp peppermint essence
- ¼ tsp green food colouring
- 30 g mint Aero chocolate bar , grated
- Pre-heat oven to 180C Fan and line a 12 hole cupcake tin with paper cases.
- In a bowl sieve the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- In a larger mixing bowl, mix together the sugar, oil, eggs, yogurt and grated aero bar.
- Add the first bowl ingredients to the larger mixing bowl ingredients and fold everything gently together.
- Spoon the mixture equally between the 12 paper cases.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 12 – 15 minutes, watching the outside does not burn and testing the centres are cooked with a tooth pick /skewer, which should come out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from the cake tin to a wire rack and allow to cool a little.
- Meanwhile mix all the icing ingredients together, and once the cupcakes have cooled top them with the icing.