Banana blueberry breakfast muffins. Say hello and good morning to these healthier, delicious breakfast muffins. Make your start to the day a good one!
I just loved putting this banana blueberry breakfast muffins recipe together.
I hadn’t done a specific blog breakfast muffin recipe before but I thought the combination of banana and blueberries should be pretty good.
What a revelation! When I bit into the first one and the blueberries burst into my mouth – yum! 😀
It’s so easy to make a batch of these delicious banana blueberry breakfast muffins in just 45 minutes.
This recipe (depending on the size of your muffin tin) should make you about 12 – 15 muffins. That’s plenty for during the week!
These banana blueberry breakfast muffins make great little portable snacks too.
The combination of yogurt, blueberries and bananas here may prove challenging to beat in future breakfast muffin recipes.
I’m up for a challenge to see what sort of other muffin flavour combinations I can create.
Check out the list below!
Other Popular Muffin Recipes You Might Also Like
- Gluten free chocolate and beetroot muffins have a deliciously moist and fluffy textured centre. They ooze with chocolate taste and are extremely simple to make.
- Raisin oat breakfast muffins are a great grab and go breakfast. These healthy muffins are made with oats, orange juice, honey, Greek yogurt and raisins. A complete breakfast in one!
- Wholemeal muffins with chocolate chips are not only delicious and easy to make but they’re sugar free muffins too! A perfect healthy snack or start to your day!
For These Banana Blueberry Breakfast Muffins You May Need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 12 hole muffin tin
- Measuring spoons
- Kitchen scale
- Measuring jug
- Large mixing bowl
- Pyrex mixing glass bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Wooden skewers
- Wire baking rack
As you can see it’s relatively inexpensive and it’s perfect for all kinds of muffin recipes.
It’s made with heavy gauge carbon steel for long lasting performance and comes with a 25 year guarantee!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Banana Blueberry Breakfast Muffins Recipe
Store your banana blueberry breakfast muffins in an airtight tin and they were still just as good after 5 days!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Banana Blueberry Breakfast Muffins
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp porridge oats
- 100 g light brown soft sugar
- 110 g blueberries
- 2 ripe medium sized bananas
- 1 medium egg
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 50 ml Greek yogurt 0% fat
- Pre-heat oven to 200C / Fan 180C
- Line muffin tray with paper cases.
- Sieve flour into a large bowl, add the bicarbonate of soda then stir in the porridge oats, sugar and blueberries.
- In a separate bowl, first mash up the banana then whisk in the egg, vegetable oil and yogurt.
- Fold these wet ingredients carefully into the dry ingredients you don’t want to make the mixture too dense.
- Divide the mixture equally between the paper cases.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for approximately 15 – 18 minutes. Insert a skewer (which should come out clean) to check they are cooked.
- Allow to cool a little in the muffin tray before removing and allowing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cooled completely, store in an air tight sealed container.