It’s simple skinny tomato soup. Low in calories, carbs, fat and cost. This soup is so full of tomato flavour it will make you reluctant to buy any tinned soup ever again!
This simple skinny tomato soup is exactly what it says on the tin. Except it’s not from a tin!
OK, so you do use tins of tomatoes to make the soup. But otherwise the rest of the contents (and there are few) are not from a tin they’re just basic kitchen staples.
This simple tomato soup recipe is one of our top comfort foods.
It’s packed full of antioxidants linked to slowing down the aging process.
Plus it’s cholesterol free!
Not surprising then that it’s one of our favourite and easy to make tomato soups!
Hints and Tips On How To Make This Skinny Tomato Soup Recipe
- You could use a oil spray instead of olive oil. Although the tomato soup calories are already very low at 123 per serving.
- This is a skinny soup so don’t add sugar if you need to sweeten it. Try a little Stevia instead.
- To make this an easy tomato soup recipe, tinned tomatoes are used. If you have surplus ripe tomatoes you could use those instead.
- Once made, allow to cool and store any leftovers of your low calorie tomato soup in a covered container in the fridge.
- This soup can be frozen and is best portioned into individual containers for convenience before placing in the feezer.
For This Tomato Soup You May Need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- Measuring spoons
- Kitchen knives
- Measuring jug
- Chopping board
- Wooden spoon
- Garlic press
- Soup ladle
The set includes 16, 18, 20 cm saucepans, 1 x 14 cm milk pan and 1 x 24 cm fry pan.
The pans are suitable for all hobs including induction.
They come with a 1-year guarantee which can be extended to a 10-year warranty when you register the product.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Comfort Soups Similar To Simple Skinny Tomato Soup
In Scotland at the time of me writing this we are being battered by storms and heavy snow.
Can you imagine how warming and consoling a bowl of this simple skinny tomato soup is, especially with some freshly baked wholemeal bread at the moment?
With this low calorie tomato soup recipe it won’t add many calories if you have a couple of slices of that bread with this soup!
If you’re looking for other fantastic and easy tomato based budget soup ideas then how about :-
- Tomato and Courgette Soup – a simple tasty and really easy to make soup. Nutritious and low cost you’ll want to add this to your quick healthy meals list, especially for lunch!
- Mediterranean Vegetable Soup – just 100 calories per serving and at the same time it’s full of flavour and extremely filling. If you’re feeling that you’ve over indulged a little recently, then this soup is a great aid to weight loss and will help you get right back in shape again!
- Tomato and green lentil soup – a really rich and satisfying meal in itself. And because it’s so filling, you can be sure that you’ll not be tempted to reach for any unhealthy snacks after a bowl of this amazing soup!
Simple Skinny Tomato Soup Recipe
I love how easy this skinny soup it is to make. But it’s also one of the most delicious simple healthy tomato soup recipes you will ever make!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Simple Skinny Tomato Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- A handful of basil leaves roughly chopped about 10g
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- ½ L vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp corn flour mixed with 2 tbsp. cold water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- One or 2 chopped basil leaves for garnish
- In a large saucepan heat the olive oil, then add the chopped onion and crushed garlic and sauté until softened (about 6 minutes). Stir every now and then, you don’t want the garlic to burn.
- Add the chopped basil leaves, tomato puree, tinned tomatoes and vegetable stock and stir everything together well.
- Bring the soup mixture to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blitz the soup mixture with a food processor / a liquidiser or blender.
- Stir in the corn flour mixture and stirring every now and then allow the soup to simmer and thicken, roughly 5 minutes.
- Season to taste and then ladle the soup into serving bowls and garnish with the basil leaves.