This Mediterranean vegetable soup is just 100 calories per serving and at the same time it’s full of flavour and extremely filling. If you’re feeling that you’ve over indulged a little recently, then this soup is a great aid to weight loss and will help you get right back in shape again!
You know folks, good food like this Mediterranean vegetable soup has the power to change your whole outlook.
Half an hour ago I was looking out of the window here in Glasgow. At a grey and rainy day.
It’s Easter weekend. It doesn’t look like there will be any spring sunshine appearing here today.
There’s only one thing to do.
Have a bowl of this delicious energising “hug in a bowl” soup.
Now, as I sit here typing up this delicious vegetable soup recipe. I’m struck by just how much more energized and enthusiastic I suddenly feel.
It’s true that good healthy food changes your perception and how you feel about things and yourself.
I put it down to the colourful array of Mediterranean vegetables and flavours mingled into one in this soup. And that enormous burst of vitamins and minerals that it brings.
It’s a ray of Mediterranean sunshine, especially when there isn’t any outside!
Anyway, I’m sure you’ll agree when you try this yourself.
And we can always hope for some signs of spring here this coming weekend can’t we?
Tell me. What kind of foods change your mood outlook suddenly?
Why You’ll Love This Mediterranean Vegetable Soup
- Not only is it a healthy soup recipe but it’s also low cost, filling and nutritious!
- It makes about 8 portions. There’s plenty to go into the freezer for meal prep for the week(s) ahead.
- It’s an easy soup to make. There is no need for any sautéing. Everything just gets chopped up and then cooked in the same pot.
- It is so tasty! Based on a traditional Mediterranean soup recipe you get that tomato taste of a classic Mediterranean vegetable soup.
- What’s not to love about a 100 calorie soup? It’s the soup I ate the most of when I was getting myself properly in shape back. It helped me lose 2 stones in weight.
- That’s why I know this soup will help you too. If you’re just beginning your weight loss journey and embracing a new 80/20 healthy lifestyle.
You will need your largest soup / casserole pot for this Mediterranean vegetable soup.
I like to puree all of the soup, once the vegetables are cooked, but if you prefer a “chunkier” soup then just puree half of the vegetables instead.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Add your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
This Mediterranean vegetable soup is just 100 calories per serving! If you’re feeling that you’ve over indulged a little recently, then this soup is a great aid to weight loss and will help you get right back in shape again!
And if you’re looking for other recipes to bring a bit of sunshine back to your life and also aid weight loss then why not try my delicious and popular Mediterranean vegetable casserole recipe?
Mediterranean Vegetable Soup Recipe
Why not try adding different vegetables yourself? This soup can be easily frozen too.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
- 800 g 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 8 carrots peeled and chopped
- 4 small onions peeled and chopped
- 4 small courgettes (zucchini) chopped
- 1 leek chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 slice wholemeal bread toasted and cut up into small croutons
- Place all the ingredients into a large soup pan and cover.
- Bring the soup to the boil and then turn down to simmer for about 20 minutes, or until all the vegetables are tender.
- Puree the soup in a blender. Or, for a chunky soup puree half of the quantity
- Serve topped with the wholemeal croutons.