Mediterranean vegetable soup is delicious and easy to make. It’s just 100 calories per serving and at the same time full of flavour and extremely filling!
You know folks, good food like this Mediterranean vegetable soup has the power to change your whole outlook.
I know that because my Mediterranean vegetable casserole has the ability to brighten up any winters evening for me.
Just half an hour ago I was looking out of the window here in Glasgow. At a grey and rainy day.
It’s Easter weekend. It doesn’t look like there will be any spring sunshine appearing here today.
There’s only one thing to do.
Have a bowl of this delicious energising “hug in a bowl” soup!
Now that I’ve had a bowl of this mediterranean soup. And as I sit here typing up this delicious vegetable soup recipe, I’m struck by just how much more energized and enthusiastic I suddenly feel!
It’s true that good healthy food changes your perception and how you feel about things and yourself.
I put it down to the colourful array of Mediterranean vegetables and flavours mingled into one in this soup. And that enormous burst of vitamins and minerals that it brings.
It’s a ray of Mediterranean sunshine, especially when there isn’t any outside!
Anyway, I’m sure you’ll agree when you try this yourself. This is definitely one to add to your healthy soups recipes list.
And if you’re feeling that you’ve over indulged a little recently, then this soup is a great aid to weight loss. It will help you get right back in shape again!
Why You’ll Love This Mediterranean Vegetable Soup
- Not only is it a healthy vegetable soup recipe but it’s also low cost, filling and nutritious!
- It makes about 8 portions. There’s plenty to go into the freezer for meal prep for the week(s) ahead.
- It’s an easy soup to make. There is no need for any sautéing. Everything just gets chopped up and then cooked in the same pot.
- It is so tasty! Based on a traditional Mediterranean soup recipe you get that tomato taste of a classic Mediterranean vegetable soup.
- How many calories in Mediterranean vegetable soup? Just 100!
- What’s not to love about a 100 calorie soup? This is the Mediterranean diet soup I ate the most of when I was getting myself properly back in shape. It helped me lose 2 stones in weight.
- That’s why I know this soup will help you too. If you’re just beginning your weight loss journey and embracing a new 80/20 healthy lifestyle.
Hints and Tips for How To Make Mediterranean Vegetable Soup
- You will need your largest soup / casserole pot for this Mediterranean vegetable soup.
- I like to puree all of the soup, once the vegetables are cooked. But if you prefer a “chunkier” soup then just puree half of the vegetables instead.
- Allow the soup to cool first before storing it in the fridge in a covered container for a maximum 2 – 3 days.
- This soup is easily freezable. Again allow it to cool first then freeze it in individual portion containers for convenience.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Mediterranean Soup Recipes You Might Also Enjoy!
- Tomato and courgette soup is a simple tasty and really easy to make soup. Nutritious and low cost you’ll want to add this to your quick healthy meals list, especially for lunch!
- This vibrant red pepper tomato and kidney bean soup is really tasty! A real feel good vegan and gluten free soup. Low in calories and fat. An excellent source of fibre!
- Simple skinny tomato soup. Low in calories, carbs, fat and cost. This soup is so full of tomato flavour it could make you reluctant to go back to ever buying tinned soup ever again!
Watch the short video I made to show you how to make this delicious Mediterranean vegetable soup. It shows you how easy it really is!
Mediterranean Vegetable Soup Recipe
Why not try adding different vegetables to this Mediterranean soup recipe like cabbage or kale?
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Mediterranean Vegetable Soup
- 800 g 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 8 carrots peeled and chopped
- 4 small onions peeled and chopped
- 4 small courgettes (zucchini) chopped
- 1 leek chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 slice wholemeal bread toasted and cut up into small croutons
- Place all the ingredients into a large soup pan and cover.
- Bring the soup to the boil and then turn down to simmer for about 20 minutes, or until all the vegetables are tender.
- Puree the soup in a blender. Or, for a chunky soup puree half of the quantity
- Serve topped with the wholemeal croutons.