This oven baked salmon with cream cheese and oat bran crust recipe makes for a super simple, delicious and protein packed, quick healthy meal that I know you’re just going to love.
This healthy oven baked salmon meal is simple and versatile.
With minimum ingredients and minimum fuss, it’s perfect for the end of your working day. And all it takes is just 30 minutes!
It’s one of our favourite quick healthy meals!
Miss out the oat bran if you don’t have it or maybe even try some other herb combinations like chives?
The choice is yours. Make this baked salmon with cream cheese recipe your own!
There’s just so many versatile things you can do with a salmon fillet.
But keeping to the theme here let’s leave the fancy shmancy stuff to the weekend and just keep this simple, as an oven baked salmon recipe.
Coat it in some tasty cream cheese. Give yourself a fibre boost with the oat bran, add a tanginess with the lemon and finally a nutty sweetness with the parmesan.
Et voila! That’s it. It’s as simple as the stages in the picture below.
If you’re making this oven baked salmon recipe as suggested, with the baby potatoes and green beans, then get your potatoes on the stove first before starting the salmon prep.
For the green beans, I always just opt for frozen ones. They’re simple enough to microwave whilst the salmon is in the oven.
You’ll still be able to get this whole meal ready in just 30 minutes with the baby potatoes and green beans. I know I’ve timed it!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Fish Recipes You Might Also Like
- Oven baked salmon pesto is ready in just 30 minutes and comes with a creamy cauliflower mash too. Simple and tasty it’s perfect for those occasions when you’re in a rush or limited with time!
- Salmon filo parcels are made from filo pastry. Not only is it much easier to roll than traditional pastry it doesn’t have the high levels of saturated fat!
- Healthy grilled salmon with wilted spinach. Looking for an easy meal with salmon? Try this recipe! It tastes amazing and includes a simple lower fat sauce.
Oven Baked Salmon with Cream Cheese and Oat Bran Crust Recipe
Serve this oven baked salmon dish with new baby potatoes and green beans. Or a green side salad of lettuce, cucumber and tomato.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Oven Baked Salmon with Cream Cheese and Oat Bran Crust
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 2 x 150g boneless salmon fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp reduced fat soft cream cheese
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp freshly grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp oat bran
- 1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped curly parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 200C fan.
- Season the salmon fillets all over with the freshly ground salt and pepper.
- Lightly grease a baking tray and place the seasoned salmon fillets on the tray.
- In a bowl mix together the cream cheese, garlic, and lemon rind.
- In a separate bowl mix together the oat bran and parmesan.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of the salmon fillets and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the oat bran and parmesan mixture over the top of the cream cheese and lightly press this into the cream cheese, using your fingers.
- Bake in the centre of an oven for 15 - 18 minutes until the salmon is cooked.
- Garnish with the parsley
- Serve with new baby potatoes and green beans.