Americano coffee mug cake is a delicious and simple to make microwave mug cake. It's perfect for when you're short on time and feel like a sweet treat!
Folks, I'd definitely pin / print off or save as a favourite for future, this Americano coffee mug cake recipe.
Why? Well because this recipe is a cup of coffee AND a dessert/cake all in one!
It's just perfect for when you're stuck and thinking :-
"What can I make as a quick dessert"?
"I really would love a cake, but I don't have the time to make one".
Well you do have time to make this one as you can make it in literally under 10 minutes!
Plus, this coffee mug cake will satisfy any sweet craving that you're having, and if you're a coffee lover like myself then it's even more perfect as it gives you that caffeine hit too!
The sponge is just perfect made with a little vanilla flavouring and a tablespoon of coffee mixed with a little water to give it its unique coffee flavour.
The vanilla gives it its sweetness so you don't have to add too much sugar.
For someone that loves their daily coffee (me), I can't believe that it's taken me this length of time since I started this blog nearly 3 years ago to actually make a dessert with coffee in it!
It's long since overdue that coffee had its own unique dessert here which means you can satisfy your coffee and cake cravings all at the same time.
Now, I'm not saying to overdo things and have one of these on a daily basis but certainly if you're sticking to the 80/20 lifestyle as we do then this is EXACTLY the kind of sweet treat that you CAN enjoy perhaps once a week as one of your 20%!
So folks as the saying goes you really CAN have your coffee cake and eat it!
And if you enjoyed this coffee mug cake recipe then you might like to try my cherry sponge mug cake recipe too?
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Coffee Recipes You Might Also Like
- Coffee cheesecake in 4 easy steps is a delicious no bake recipe. This simple dessert will satisfy both coffee and cheesecake lovers alike!
- Coffee walnut cake is for the lovers of coffee, walnuts and cake. It’s a low fat coffee cake and it’s low in calories too. Perfect for cake lovers who are calorie and fat conscious!
Americano Coffee Mug Cake Recipe
As you'll see in the photographs I've topped my Americano coffee mug cake with whipped cream and marshmallows, giving it that decadent edge.
Naturally, as with any of my recipes feel free to make them your own and add whatever toppings you wish!
This could be a great recipe for kids to make too. Just keep an eye on how long you microwave the cake for so as not to create any over spill into the microwave creating unnecessary mess- but most of all, enjoy!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Americano Coffee Mug Cake Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 tablespoon self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 50 ml double cream whipped
- 8 mini marshmallows
- Place the butter in a large mug and soften in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
- Add the beaten egg and yogurt; use a fork to whisk together until smooth.
- Stir in the sugar, vanilla and flour.
- Combine the coffee powder with the warm water until the coffee is dissolved and then stir into the mug.
- Microwave for 1 minute keeping an eye on it, then do in bursts of 10 – 20 seconds until it has risen nearly to the top of the mug.
- Serve with the whipped cream and marshmallows on top.