Creamy, smooth, refreshing and delicious. This apple mint avocado smoothie takes just 6 ingredients to make. It's perfect as a healthy start to your morning or as a re-energising pick me up during the day.
When my other half and I first tasted this apple mint avocado smoothie she exclaimed “It’s almost like a mint Aero”!
I thought that was a pretty good description and that statement also meant this smoothie had fully passed it's taste test.
When I was testing out this smoothie I had no idea it would turn out so good and so tasty, and it really was by complete accident with me just trying out a few combinations of ingredients left in the fridge.
Believe me, as a recipe creator there's a lot of recipes that don't pass the taste test and so they don't make it onto the blog.
But when this smoothie recipe got the full seal of approval, and so quickly too, it just had to be shared!
There's just 6 simple ingredients needed to be blended together to make this delicious creamy smoothie.
If you're starting your day out with an amazing smoothie like this then you can't go wrong.
It's just full of good healthy ingredients!
But this apple mint avocado smoothie isn't just great start to the day.
No, it's also an amazingly refreshing "pick me up" at ANYTIME during the day!
I can only describe it as being a bit like having a brand new battery fitted to yourself when you're hitting those times during the day when you need an energy boost.
Plus it's certainly far healthier than actually reaching for a chocolate bar if your energy levels are already flagging.
That chocolate bar could make things a whole lot worse with the refined sugar giving you an initial boost only to leave you suffering soon after from a sugar crash!
Why This Apple Mint Avocado Smoothie Is Good For You
- Apples - if like me you spend many hours in front of a PC then eye problems are often unpreventable, but fortunately, apples can help to ease some of the effects of poor eyesight. Apples contain a considerable amount of both vitamin A and vitamin C, which helps to strengthen our eyes and can prevent our eyesight from worsening.
- Avocado - considered to be one of the healthiest foods on the planet, avocados are incredibly nutrient dense, meaning they have a huge amount of nutrients per calorie. Not only that they're rich in fibre, protein and omega-3, a healthy fat essential for protecting against heart attacks.
- Fresh mint leaves - from aiding in digestion to fighting acne, mint can do it! Mint has also been linked to helping prevent memory loss and certain enzymes found in mint may also help prevent and treat cancer.
- Vanilla - contains specific antioxidants that can help to prevent our skin from ageing. Vanilla is also used to soothe wrinkles, heal damaged skin and reduce inflammation.
- Almond Milk - as it contains less calories than whole milk it's is a great weight management substitute. There's no cholesterol or saturated fat in almond milk helping to prevent high blood pressure and heart disease. Almond milk is also a source of iron and riboflavin which are important for muscle growth and helping to keep our bones strong.
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Bloglovin & YouTube.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Smoothie Recipes You Might Also Like
- This raspberry and pear smoothie is packed full of protein, calcium and potassium and it’s really low in calories too. It’s just a perfectly healthy start to your day!
- Zingy lemon smoothie is the perfect smoothie for a warm day. Quick and easy to make and made with minimal ingredients, you’ll soon be cooling down with this delicious iced lemon smoothie!
- This delicious banana boost smoothie will give you such a great start to the day. With vitamin E and calcium from the bananas this is a great instant energy booster.
This apple mint avocado smoothie takes just 6 ingredients to make. It's perfect as a healthy start to your morning or as a re-energising pick me up during the day.
Apple Mint Avocado Smoothie Recipe
I've made this apple mint avocado smoothie vegan by using almond milk.
If you don't have almond milk you could substitute that with normal milk although the taste won't be quite as good. So try and stick to the original recipe if you can!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Apple Mint Avocado Smoothie Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 1 green apple , peeled cored and chopped (I used golden delicious)
- 1 ripe avocado , peeled cored and chopped
- 8 fresh mint leaves , chopped
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 400 ml almond milk
- Place all 6 ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place in the fridge to chill until required.
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine
I bet that is ultra creamy! I love the combo you used, apple mint sounds fab!
It turned out really well. More creamy and minty than I thought. Avocado and mint are good together but when you put the sweet apple in, it's something unique!
Susie @ Suzlyfe
So creamy smooth refreshing delcious.
And yes, I need some hill waling pics! You know I love theM!
Just perfect for a hot summer day Susie (which it isn't here at the moment, lol).
Yep hill walking pics (and video) definitely coming out on Tuesday. Have a great weekend!
Ashika | Gardening Foodie
This looks so refreshing Neil,such a delicious combination....I am glad that it got the stamp of approval?
I am a big avo fan and I usually hog all of the avos for myself...now I have a great recipe to use it in.
Have a great weekend Neil?
That's fantastic thanks Ashika. Now you'll be able to hog all of this smoothie for yourself too! 😉
Have a great weekend yourself. 😀
David @ Spiced
What a fun idea to use avocado in a smoothie! That's definitely a new twist for me, but I can totally see how it would work well. 🙂 And we have a huge section of mint growing out in our garden...in fact, I have to keep pulling chunks of it out. That stuff is like a weed! Now I know what to do with the pieces I pull out. Thanks for sharing this one, Neil...and great photo from the hiking, too!
Thanks David. Yeah this recipe was totally by accident. It just shows you what you can come up with by combining a few minimum ingredients. But the flavours here were amazing. Too good to NOT share, as I mentioned in the post.
I need to sort out our garden David. It's got so much potential but I find myself lacking on time so at the moment it's just a lawn. I'd love to grow herbs and stuff. I used to grow herbs on my kitchen window ledge but the cat eats them all. 😉
Hope you can catch up with the hiking photographs and videos I've just posted, oh and have a good Independence Day! 😀