Kale and turkey bacon salad is a delicious and easy to prepare lunch or dinner option. With a tangy garlicky balsamic dressing it makes for an amazingly simple nutritious quick healthy meal!
So folks, how are you doing? It is too soon to bring you another delicious kale salad recipe?
You know, to me it seems like it was only yesterday that I posted the equally delicious shredded kale and spinach salad recipe, but looking back on that it was actually April!
Still, summer time officially started here in the U.K. on 21st June so it’s probably more appropriate now eh?
But really, who cares what time of year it is anyway?
This kale and turkey bacon salad is good enough AND SHOULD be enjoyed at any time of the year seeing as how kale is known to have the largest amount of antioxidants of any other fruit or vegetable.
What I particularly liked (there’s a lot to like) about this recipe, is that when I made it to take into work as a packed lunch the garlicky balsamic dressing had permeated and marinated even deeper into all of the salad ingredients.
Those combined flavours made my lunch a truly pleasurable experience.
It’s not that I’m saying my lunches aren’t usually a great tasty experience, but it’s probably more so that it was good to have a change from a home made soup which is what I have most days.
Or perhaps that day I had a particular craving for something nutrient rich and this kale and turkey bacon salad was what my body was asking for?
I don’t know. Let’s just agree that kale is a brilliant vegetable in all respects!
So folks how was your weekend past?
Last weekend saw Lady Lynne, myself and her parents Grace and Chas attend the wedding of Lynne’s cousin at The Byre Inchyra, a stunning location at Glencarse situated between Perth and Dundee.
The weather was kind and the happy couple enjoyed an outdoor ceremony attended by close family and friends.
All in all it’s been a pretty reasonable summer so far and I’m seriously hoping I can get the BBQ out next Saturday when we’ll be entertaining Luc and Erin.
And hopefully I’ll be able to bring you all those other salad recipes I’ve got planned.
Hope you can join me next Tuesday for a brand new budget recipe, chicken chorizo and courgette casserole which features that great summer vegetable, the courgette (zucchini) that’s in plentiful cheap supply at the moment!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals. Add your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels – Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Bloglovin & YouTube.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Kale and Turkey Bacon Salad Recipe
The garlicky balsamic dressing goes particularly well with all kinds of green salads. Vary the amount of garlic you use to suit your own tastes.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Kale and turkey bacon salad is a delicious and easy to prepare lunch or dinner option with a tangy garlicky balsamic dressing.
- 2 cloves garlic , crushed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Dash of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 30 g of pine nuts
- 1 tbsp . Olive Oil
- 200 g shredded kale
- 4 rashers of turkey bacon , diced
- 2 tomatoes , diced
- 50 g soft goats cheese , chopped
- Place the garlic, salt, black pepper, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and mustard into a jar and shake well together. Taste and add a dash of lemon if required to make it a bit sharper.
- Gently dry fry the pine nuts in a large pan or wok until toasted then set aside.
- Gently heat the olive oil in the pan
- Add the kale to the pan and sauté it a little until it's still got a bit of a crunch but hasn't wilted. Remove the kale from the pan and place it into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the diced bacon to the pan and cook until no longer pink, but not crunchy. Remove from the pan and add to the mixing bowl with the kale.
- Add the toasted pine nuts, goats cheese and diced tomato and using your hands combine the salad well together.
- Pour the garlic mustard dressing over the salad and using your hands combine well together.
- Divide the salad between plates and scatter the goats cheese over the top.