This raspberry and pear smoothie is packed full of protein, calcium and potassium and it’s really low in calories too. It’s just a perfectly healthy start to your day!
How I Made This Raspberry and Pear Smoothie
Firstly I like to use yogurt in my smoothies. Particularly fat free or low fat.
Not only is it lower in fat and highly nutritious but it’s also a very good source of protein, calcium and potassium.
So if you stick to the fat free / low fat varieties like I did in this raspberry and pear smoothie, they are low in calories whilst still providing essential vital vitamins and minerals!
Secondly whilst out shopping recently I picked up some half price raspberries from the supermarket.
I didn’t have any use for them at that time. So I decided to freeze them until I thought of what I might do with them.
I’m always on the lookout for bargains. The reduced aisle of any supermarket is somewhere I always make a beeline for!
Raspberries in particular are a favourite of mine too!
Fortunately, here in Scotland, we’re lucky to have a readily available supply of them when in season!
Thirdly with some ripe pears left in our fruit bowl, I decided to combine all of these ingredients.
And what I came up with was this yummy raspberry and pear smoothie!
Starting your day with a smoothie is a great idea.
Or have one as a snack for a natural and healthy energy boost if you feel you’re “flagging”.
It’s easy to create your own smoothies too. Just as I did here.
Try combining left over fridge juices and ripe fruits in a blender to see what you come up with.
That’s all I did here to make this pear smoothie.
And this raspberry and pear smoothie was pretty easy to put together!
For This Raspberry And Pear Smoothie Recipe You May Need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
More Delicious Smoothie Recipes For You To Enjoy!
- Banana raspberry orange power smoothie is not only packed with fresh banana, juicy raspberries and tangy orange juice but it’s really simple to make.
- Healthy strawberries and cream smoothie is a deliciously creamy, smooth and naturally sweet breakfast smoothie. Its made with only 4 ingredients and no actual cream!
- This delicious banana boost smoothie will give you such a great start to the day. With vitamin E and calcium from the bananas this is a great instant energy booster. Plus it’s only 378 calories!
Raspberry and Pear Smoothie Recipe
You could substitute, or in addition to the cranberry juice, add some honey if you felt this raspberry and pear smoothie was not sweet enough to your taste.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Raspberry and Pear Smoothie
- 400 ml fat free natural yogurt
- 150 g frozen raspberries
- 2 ripe pears peeled, cored and then chopped
- 50 ml unsweetened cranberry juice
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Before pouring into glasses, and add more cranberry juice to sweeten to personal taste.