This delicious banana boost smoothie will give you such a great start to the day. With the added almonds providing vitamin E and the bananas being a great source of calcium, this is a great instant energy booster. Plus it’s only 378 calories per serving!
The health benefits of smoothies are numerous. Not only are they a quick and easy way to get your essential vitamins and minerals from the added fruits, but also vital nutrients like antioxidants, folic acid and calcium to name but a few.
So, this banana boost smoothie is the first of so many tasty smoothie recipes that I’ve done and I’ll be adding to neilshealthymeals. If you like this please let me know and follow me for more exciting smoothie concoctions.
I have this banana boost smoothie as a refreshing “pick me up” if I find my energy levels begin to drop during the day, because it’s so simple to make.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 500 ml skimmed milk you could use almond milk
- 40 g ground almonds
- Optional – a drop of honey a pinch of cinnamon
- Completely peel the bananas and slice them. If you have time freeze the banana for at least 1 – 2 hours in an airtight container.
- Place the banana, chosen milk, ground almonds and optional ingredients into a food processor or blender.
- Blitz the mixture until smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses and serve immediately
Let me know what you think of this banana boost smoothie and any recommendations / variations you might suggest to the recipe that you’ve tried yourself? 🙂
In order not to miss future updates and new recipes, make sure you’re subscribed to neilshealthymeals by adding your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here. And you can follow me too via your favourite social media channels below.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.