Aubergine and sweet potato curry is a simple and deliciously healthy vegan curry. An all in one pot hearty family meal ready in just one hour!
Folks I’m really excited to finally bring you this amazing aubergine and sweet potato curry.
I say “finally bring” because I first talked about it last year in the vegan mixed bean curry recipe!
Forgive me for it taking so long but as it conjurs up so many wonderful holiday memories for Lady Lynne and I, I just wanted to get it perfect!
To say this aubergine and potato curry is delicious would be a serious understatement!
You see we first encountered it whilst on holiday in Zanzibar last year. When we were recuperating from our mammoth Kilimanjaro climb.
We were staying at the Hotel Riu Palace Zanzibar and this curry featured most nights on their dinner buffet menu.
In fact if it wasn’t there of an evening I became seriously disappointed!
This aubergine (eggplant to my American friends) and sweet potato curry is the kind of meal where you just can’t stop going back for more and more!
Plus as its packed full of vegetable goodness this is a healthy aubergine sweet potato curry at only 378 calories per serving.
So there should be no guilt in going back for another helping. That is if there’s any left…….. 😉
How To Make This Aubergine and Sweet Potato Curry
This curry is a simple mix of onion, ginger, garlic, aubergine, sweet potatoes, red pepper, tinned tomatoes and spices.
The spices are a delicious blend. The unique combination of curry power, garam masala, chilli and cumin powder help to make this curry naturally sweet and with a slight but not overwhelming heat.
Serve this aubergine and potato curry with Home Made Naan Bread or with some basmati rice.
For This Aubergine Curry Recipe You May Need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
This is the casserole pot I use. It’s made of cast iron with a smooth enamel finish to reinforce durability and resistance.
You’ll see me using it in many of my recipes and recipe photographs.
Hygienic and easy to clean there is no absorption of colours and tastes. It’s ovenproof and suitable for all hob types.
It also comes with a lifetime guarantee. You’ll never need to buy another casserole pot after you buy this one!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Vegan Curry Recipes You Might Also Like
- Potato and spinach curry is not only vegan and low in calories but its exceptionally tasty, easy to make and ready to serve on your dinner table in less than one hour.
- Mung bean (moong dall) dahl is an absolutely delicious vegan curry. As a quick healthy meal it’s ready in an hour and for those watching their waistlines it comes in at only 259 calories per serving!
- Lentil sweet potato and chickpea curry is a tasty vegan and gluten-free quick healthy meal. A simple blend of spices and healthy ingredients combine to create this amazing dish!
Coming Next Thursday on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Well I don’t know about you folks but I can’t believe just how quickly April is passing by!
It’ll soon be Easter Sunday and as we’re way overdue a new cheesecake recipe here, I’m going to sort that out next Thursday.
I’ve got a delicious and easy No-Bake Mini Egg Easter Cheesecake for you. Perfect as an Easter treat.
Hope you can join me then!
Aubergine and Sweet Potato Curry Recipe
Any leftover aubergine sweet potato curry curry can be kept in the fridge and reheated the next day.
Or this aubergine curry can be frozen for a future delicious meal!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Aubergine and Sweet Potato Curry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1 large aubergine cut into chunks
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 red bell pepper cut into chunks
- 2 tsp medium curry powder
- 1 tsp garam marsala
- 1/2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- Chopped fresh coriander
- Gently heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or casserole pot then add the onion. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until the onion softens then stir in the ginger and garlic paste.
- Add the aubergine, sweet potatoes, pepper and spices stir well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, stir and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat, put a lid on and simmer the vegetables for 20 minutes until they are soft and tender stirring occasionally. Add a little water if curry becomes too thick.
- Divide between 4 balti dishes with the chopped fresh coriander scattered over.
- Serve with naan breads or rice.