No bake cranberry flapjacks. Delicious chewy and packed full of healthy oats nuts, almond butter and cranberries. This easy recipe is minimum effort too!
These no bake cranberry flapjacks make great little portable snacks.
When I’m hillwalking I’ll have a few of these in my pocket.
They can often give a much needed quick energy boost!
Only Lynne got to try these bakes initially.
Each batch I made, as I was testing and writing the recipe, was eagerly awaited.
It was only last weekend that somebody else, Lynne’s friend Jen, was allowed to have one!
That was only when Lynne let her! 😆
Talking of last weekend. I failed at managing to move a wireless router from upstairs to downstairs on Saturday at Lynne’s parents.
It was one of those comical situations where you’ve unplugged everything and moved it before realising that the connections upstairs are completely different, compared to those downstairs and weren’t actually in any way compatible.
So I then spent a large part of the day putting everything back! 🙄
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Recipes Using Cranberries You Might Also Like
- Wholemeal cranberry scones. If you love scones, you’ll love these delicious fruity ones.
- Cranberry banana bread is a deliciously moist healthy addition to your baking list. I’m using dried cranberries as opposed to fresh cranberries in this easy recipe too.
- These wholemeal chocolate cranberry cookies are so delicious! They’re rich in chocolate taste, sweet with cranberries and have a chewy centre.
Coming Next Week on Neil’s Healthy Meals
If you liked this no bake cranberry flapjack recipe, then why not try my no bake chocolate fridge cake recipe?
And I hope that you’ll join me Thursday for a great new healthy paneer jalfrezi recipe!
No Bake Cranberry Flapjacks Recipe
These cranberry flapjacks can be easily frozen. But just make sure you defrost them fully before trying to eat them!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
- 200 g rolled porridge oats
- 75 g rice crispies (store own brand is fine)
- 25 g finely chopped pecan nuts
- 50 g dried cranberries
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- 75 g light soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp almond nut butter
- Grease a square 8” x 8” baking tin and line the bottom with greaseproof paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the porridge oats, rice crispies, chopped pecan nuts and dried cranberries.
- In a small saucepan add the golden syrup and brown sugar. Turn the heat on very low under the saucepan and gently stir the mixture together until it simmers.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the almond nut butter.
- Pour the mixture from the saucepan into the large mixing bowl with the oats mixture and stir everything together well, until a sticky mixture is formed.
- Remove the sticky mixture to the baking tin and press the mixture into the tin using the back of a spoon.
- Set aside for 10 minutes and then cut the oat mixture, still in the baking tin, into 9 equal squares.
- Pop into the fridge for about an hour, then remove completely from the baking tin and keep the cranberry flapjacks in an airtight container in the fridge or a cool place until required.
Nutrition label values are per square.