Tagliatelle prawns in tomato and pepper sauce. A simple delicious recipe made using cooked prawns and blitzed tomatoes and peppers to make a tangy sweet tomato sauce!
When combined with tagliatelle you have a really tasty, quick healthy meal of tagliatelle prawns in tomato and pepper sauce for 4. All in under one hour!
I came up with the idea of this tagliatelle prawns in tomato and pepper sauce when I was wondering what to do with an abundance of tomatoes and peppers I had left over from various other dishes I’d been making.
Nah that would seem the obvious choice. Salad? Eh, no, whilst I love salads, it’s colder here now and I want something warming and comforting.
Hmmm, some kind of sauce? OK yeah but not just a basic tomato sauce, maybe a bit sweeter than usual….hmmm, sauté everything and chuck it in a food processor, add some cumin…oh yes, that’s it!
I used dried tagliatelle for this tagliatelle prawns in tomato and pepper sauce recipe, as I didn’t have time to make my own pasta.
Lynne and I had a fantastic day out in The Lomonds on Saturday, despite me being sceptical about the weather as I mentioned previously.
We DID actually manage to see off the top of both East Lomond and West Lomond and had some fantastic views over the Fife countryside!!
So, instead of a recipe on Thursday, I’ll be bring you the best of those photographs in another of our active lifestyle posts! 🙂
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Tagliatelle Recipes You Might Also Like
- Low fat tagliatelle carbonara is a lighter version of the traditional classic Italian pasta dish. Ready in just 30 minutes, this healthier recipe is the perfect weeknight low fat dinner.
- Crème fraiche tagliatelle chicken dinner recipe is a delicious fusion of chicken and vegetables cooked in low fat crème fraiche. You’ll notice no difference in taste. And your waistline will thank you too!
- Tagliatelle with home-made pesto recipe is a step by step guide for how to make your own tagliatelle and your own home-made pesto. Impress your friends and dinner guests with your culinary skills with this simple, rustic Italian dish.
Tagliatelle Prawns in Tomato and Pepper Sauce Recipe
Use pre-cook chilled or frozen prawns to keep this tagliatelle prawns recipe nice and simple!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
This simple, tasty tagliatelle prawns in tomato and pepper sauce is made using pre-cooked frozen / chilled prawns then blitzing tomatoes and peppers to make a tangy sweet tomato sauce.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium sized onion diced
- 6 cloves garlic chopped finely
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 de-seeded chopped red chilli
- 4 ripe tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil leaves chopped
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 180 g pre-cooked chilled / frozen prawns
- 4 nests of dried tagliatelle about 75g per person
- Salt and pepper to season
- Freshly chopped parsley / coriander and grated parmesan cheese to garnish
- In a medium sized saucepan heat the olive oil, then add the diced onion and chopped garlic and sauté until soft. About 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the ground coriander, chopped peppers and red chilli and stir everything together well and sauté for about a further 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and the basil leaves and cook all the vegetables until completely soft which will take about 5 minutes.
- Blitz all of the vegetables in a blender / food processor then return to the pan, add the tomato paste and season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Add the prawns to the sauce mixture and re-heat until the prawns are cooked through. The length of time here will depend of whether you used chilled cooked prawns or frozen prawns.
- Cook the tagliatelle according to the cooking instructions.
- Serve the prawns on a bed of tagliatelle garnished with the chopped herbs and dusted with the parmesan cheese.
See my tagliatelle with home-made pesto recipe if you would like to make your own tagliatelle.