Baked cheese and tomato omelette throws convention out of the window. It’s baked in the oven and with just 5 ingredients it’s incredibly easy to make too!
Packed with protein this tasty baked cheese and tomato omelette is incredibly versatile, suitable for any course.
It’s delicious and cheesy and it breaks with convention as it doesn’t require you to be standing at the stove to make it.
In fact, as work life has been pretty hectic over the last few weeks I COULD quite happily have eaten this for any course!
But, for this recipe, I’ve made the baked cheese and tomato omelette into a really quick healthy dinner option.
It literally takes just a few steps to prepare, then you can leave it in the oven to make your house smell amazing whilst getting on with other things!
You can make this with just a few store cupboard / fridge ingredients and one of the best and most versatile cheap ingredients too, EGGS!
Add your own leftovers as well. Like ham or mushrooms.
See what I mean about being versatile? 😉
And it’s only going to take just over half an hour before it’s ready to serve!
How This Cheese and Tomato Omelette Came About!
You know Folks, I’m seriously looking forward to things calming down!
As I mentioned in the previous no bake apple and cinnamon oat bars recipe I’ve been on a world tour of Scotland over these last few weeks.
I get paranoid when I’m not keeping to my weekly exercise routine.
That’s the main reason I always insist on having a gym or at least somewhere to be able to run / walk miles when Lady Lynne and I are on holiday.
It’s not so easy to request that your employer puts you in a hotel with a gym though is it? Especially when you’re there to work! And nor would it have been worth it either seeing as I was going to bed at midnight and getting up and returning to the office at 7am!
Anyway, I digress sorry!
Whilst driving to my companies other offices these last few weeks it’s given me time to think about quick healthy recipes. And specifically ones you can make with limited equipment.
My companies offices mostly have ovens and I wondered how I might be able to make an omelette quickly without having to stand at the stove top. Could an omelette be made in an oven instead?
The answer was yes! After a few tries getting the right ratios, so it baked perfectly and didn’t turn out too watery I perfected this delicious baked omelette.
And I think my employer should reward me more as I was able to work whilst this was baking in the oven taking only half of time I could have for lunch!!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Baked Recipes You Might Also Like
- Sausage pasta bake with baked beans is a quick and easy to make delicious family casserole recipe. Using lower calorie ingredients means this dish can be an aid to slimming too.
- Oven baked lime chicken is a super easy 5 ingredient foil baked chicken recipe. This 30 minute delicious baked moist chicken recipe is a perfect weeknight quick healthy meal!
- Baked aubergine with red pesto and cheese makes for a fantastic mid-week vegetarian quick healthy meal. The whole family will love this tasty cheesy budget recipe!
Coming Next Week on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Well I’m off to catchup on some much needed R&R this weekend, so I’ll catch you next week with a brand new chickpea and butternut squash casserole recipe.
Have a great weekend yourself, and if you’re new here don’t forgot to subscribe by following the details above! 😀
Baked Cheese and Tomato Omelette Recipe
This fantastic baked cheese and tomato omelette is yours to make your own way for breakfast, brunch or dinner. Whatever you prefer!
It’s a recipe that can quite easily be served to a family of 4 too, just bulk it up with a larger salad and / or maybe a few boiled potatoes.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
- 6 eggs
- 3 tbsp skimmed milk
- 90 g low fat grated cheese
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 medium sized tomatoes sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 190C Fan and lightly grease an ovenproof dish.
- Beat the eggs and milk together.
- Stir in the grated cheese and diced onion.
- Layer the tomatoes over the bottom of the greased ovenproof dish and pour over the egg mixture.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 to 40 minutes, test the omelette is fully cooked by inserting a skewer / cocktail stick into the centre which should come out clean if the omelette is cooked through.
- Serve with a light green salad.