Delicious no bake apple and cinnamon oat bars could not be easier to make. You’ll just love the chewy texture and sweet taste of apples with hints of cinnamon.
These no bake apple and cinnamon oat bars are really filling and great for those of us on the go.
I can confirm they definitely do provide a much needed energy boost!
Just as much as my popular no-bake almond oat bars!
These apple oat bars are deliciously chewy and at the same time the cinnamon flavours comes through really well. In fact they almost taste like apple pie!
I’m working all over Scotland at the moment. Last week it was Inverness and Aberdeen.
This week it’s Dundee and Edinburgh.
I’m basically doing a tour of Scotland at the moment as I project manage a new phone system into the offices of the company that I currently work for our.
So, these apple and cinnamon oat bars are with me, by my side, as a perfect and much needed “grab and go” snack!
Driving all day, it’s pretty tempting to eye up all the sugary chocolate snacks a petrol stations whilst filling up the car with petrol going from one location to another.
But, fortunately I’ve make sure I’ve got my snacks covered.
There’s no need for me to give in to those unhealthy temptations when I’ve got these healthier home made apple bars with me!
Why Make These No Bake Apple and Cinnamon Oat Bars?
It was the a recent hillwalking outing that inspired these tasty no bake apple and cinnamon oat bars.
My hillwalking buddy had brought a similar apple oat bar with him for snacking on whilst climbing, a shop bought one. I thought they tasted great, but felt they were quite sugary.
So, in my usual way I set out trying to recreate them. Making them as simple as possible so they could easily be whipped up prior to leaving home.
They’re made with oats, apple juice, honey, coconut butter, honey and cinnamon. Just 5 simple ingredients with no baking required only time in the fridge for the bars to harden.
That’s how I ended up with these delectable no bake apple and cinnamon oat bars!
I’m pretty sure you’re going to love them too. Why not give them a go?
How To Make Apple Cinnamon Oat Bars
- Place oats, apple juice and cinnamon powder together in a glass bowl, cover and place in the fridge overnight to marinate.
- Next morning line the bottom and sides of an 20cm x 20cm square baking tin with greaseproof / parchment paper.
- Gently heat and melt the coconut butter in a medium saucepan and stir in the honey.
- Turn off the heat. Stir in the glass bowl of the oats mixture.
- Empty the combined oats mixture into the lined baking tin and flatten it out by pressing down with your fingers to get it into the corners. Pop back in the fridge for a couple of hours to harden.
- Remove from fridge and cut into 8 bars.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular No Bake Snack Bars You Might Also Like
- No bake banana energy bars make a fantastic tasty snack that will help boost your energy levels and keep you fuller for longer. Stuffed full of healthy fruits, seeds and nuts, they’re refined sugar free and only 259 calories each.
- No-Bake cereal breakfast bars are an easy to make grab and go breakfast for busy mornings. Made with healthy oats, seeds and nuts they’re great snacks too!
- No bake chocolate peanut butter raisin oat bars are so easy to prepare. With just 6 ingredients and time in the fridge you’ll soon be tucking into their delicious chocolateyness!
No Bake Apple and Cinnamon Oat Bars Recipe
These apple oat bars are a perfect snack bar accompaniment for being on the go.
They make an excellent healthier snack alternative to those shop bought ones full of unecessary sugar, salt and other additives!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
No Bake Apple and Cinnamon Oat Bars
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 300 g rolled oats
- 250 ml apple juice not from concentrate
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 100 g coconut butter
- 100 ml smooth honey
- Combine the rolled oats, apple juice and cinnamon powder together in a glass bowl, cover and place in the fridge overnight to marinate.
- Line the bottom and sides of an 20cm x 20cm square baking tin with greaseproof / parchment paper.
- In a medium sized saucepan over a low heat, melt the coconut butter and combine it with the honey.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the marinated oats. The oats will have solidified whilst marinating so will need added in spoon fulls and then stirred in. Combine well to remove any lumps.
- Empty the oats mixture into the lined baking tin and flatten it out by pressing down with your fingers to get it into the corners.
- Pop back into the fridge for a couple of hours to allow the oats to cool and harden.
- Remove, cut into 8 bars and keep in the fridge until required.