Peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake. A mouthwatering chocolate biscuit base with chocolate chips & peanut butter all finished with a chocolate ganache!
Folks I am mighty proud of this indulgent, sweet and creamy mouthwatering peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake!
If like me there’s not much you love more in the world than the combination of chocolate and peanut butter you will love this chocolate peanut butter cheesecake recipe.
I mean what could be more delicious than combining chocolate and peanut butter?
And then making an amazing cheesecake?
Not only that this is a reduced fat and lighter version peanut butter chocolate chip cheesecake dessert.
I’ve used lower fat ingredients. But it’s still indulgent and wickedly creamy!
I made a few batches of this chocolate cheesecake to check the consistency was right. So I’ve had quite a lot of cheesecake making in my kitchen recently.
It’s just as well this chocolate cheesecake is freezable otherwise it would be so tempting to eat more than one portion at a time!
But no, as soon as it’s made portions are cut and then put into the freezer, in individual containers. That way temptation is removed.
As you can imagine the freezer is now filled with this peanut butter cheesecake.
Great for having a cheesecake ready for entertaining!
And lucky for anyone who comes to visit soon!
Why Is This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cheesecake On a Healthy Food Site?
Neil, isn’t this a “healthy” food site?
Yes it is. Mainly.
Remember we follow the 80/20 rule here.
That means we eat healthily for the majority of the time, we have regular exercise routines and we treat ourselves accordingly.
And today we are treating ourselves to this beautiful peanut butter cheesecake creation!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Delicious Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes You’ll Love!
- Chocolate ganache cheesecake. A deliciously velvety tasting chocolate chesecake with an amazing crunchy pecan nut biscuit base. I think you’re just going to love it!
- This mouthwatering Baileys chocolate cheesecake has a layer of chocolate ganache on top of the biscuit base which gives even more luxury to an already decadent creamy dessert.
- No bake chocolate orange cheesecake. Smooth and luxurious; delicious and indulgent but remarkably simple to make. Perfect for Christmas or dinner parties!
Coming Thursday on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Folks there’s just one more recipe to go on Thursday.
Then I’ll be taking a break as Lynne and I head away into the Scottish Highlands, to Glencoe for a short holiday.
I’m really hoping that we can get some semi-decent weather and I can practice my photography and bring back some good photographs to publish. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see!
Anyway please join me on Thursday an amazing Healthy Turkey Burgers recipe!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Recipe
You’ll not need to serve this chocolate peanut butter cheesecake with any accompaniments. It stands out all by itself!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
For the base:-
- 300 g reduced fat chocolate sandwich biscuits broken up
- 75 g unsalted butter softened
For the filling:-
- 400 g low fat soft cream cheese
- 4 medium eggs
- 100 g soft light brown sugar
- 200 g reduced fat smooth peanut butter
- 120 ml reduced fat double cream
- 100 g dark chocolate chips
For the topping:-
- 300 ml reduced fat double cream
- 400 g plain chocolate broken into pieces
- 20 g dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 160C Fan.
To make the base:-
- Grease the inside of a 20cm loose-bottom deep cheesecake tin and line the base with baking parchment / greaseproof paper.
- Blitz the chocolate sandwich biscuits and butter together in a blender or food processor to form a breadcrumb consistency.
- Press this mixture into the base of the tin to make an even layer. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes and prepare the filling.
To make the filling:-
- Put the soft cheese, eggs, sugar, peanut butter and cream into a blender or food processor and blitz to a creamy, evenly mixed consistency, then stir in the dark chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture over the hardened biscuit base and then place in the centre of the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the top feels set and dry, browned a little but not burnt.
- Remove and set the tin on a wire rack to cool, don’t worry that the filling mixture will drop a little, then chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight.
To make the topping:-
- Pour the cream into a saucepan, heat the cream gently until steam is coming off the top. Do not allow the cream to boil, then remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the broken up plain chocolate until it has melted completely.
- When the chocolate ganache has cooled but not set pour the mixture over the top of the cooked cheesecake (that is still in the tin) and put aside for a few minutes to allow the ganache to settle.
- Decorate the top of the ganache evenly with the dark chocolate chips and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.