Banana blueberry breakfast muffins. Say hello and good morning to these healthier, delicious breakfast muffins. Make your start to the day a good one!
I just loved putting this banana blueberry breakfast muffins recipe together.
I hadn’t done a specific blog breakfast muffin recipe before but I thought the combination of banana and blueberries should be pretty good.
What a revelation! When I bit into the first one and the blueberries burst into my mouth – yum! 😀
It’s so easy to make a batch of these delicious banana blueberry breakfast muffins in just 45 minutes.
This recipe (depending on the size of your muffin tin) should make you about 12 – 15 muffins. That’s plenty for during the week!
These banana blueberry breakfast muffins make great little portable snacks too.
Liam and I recently got fired into these before firing up the mountains. Anyway the recipe….. 😉
The combination of yogurt, blueberries and bananas here may prove challenging to beat in future breakfast muffin recipes.
However, I’m up for that challenge and I’m going to see if I can create a range of different breakfast muffin flavour combinations too.
Update 2017! Check out THESE different flavour combinations of muffins I’ve created to-date :-
Tonight is the night I start evening classes in college for web design and web authorship that I mentioned previously.
I’m so excited. I want to be able to take my blog to the next stage without having to employ the services of a web designer. I’m a bit of a DIYer and I’m thinking if I can do the things I want to do without spending any money, then others can too.
And it’s just over a week before Lynne and I head to Glen Coe for a week’s break in a caravan.
I’m looking forward to cooking some quality seafood, getting right up into the mountains for some fresh air, eating out and bringing back some quality photographs of one of the most beautiful places I know (weather permitting) to show you here.
Make sure you’re subscribed for that!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Banana Blueberry Breakfast Muffins Recipe
Store your banana blueberry breakfast muffins in an airtight tin and they were still just as good after 5 days!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
- 250 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp porridge oats
- 100 g light brown soft sugar
- 110 g blueberries
- 2 ripe medium sized bananas
- 1 medium egg
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 50 ml Greek yogurt 0% fat
- Pre-heat oven to 200C / Fan 180C
- Line muffin tray with paper cases.
- Sieve flour into a large bowl, add the bicarbonate of soda then stir in the porridge oats, sugar and blueberries.
- In a separate bowl, first mash up the banana then mix in the egg, vegetable oil and yogurt.
- Fold these wet ingredients carefully into the dry ingredients you don’t want to make the mixture too dense.
- Divide the mixture equally between the paper cases.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for approximately 15 – 18 minutes. Insert a toothpick (which should come out clean) to check they are cooked.
- Allow to cool a little in the muffin tray before removing and allowing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cooled completely, store in an air tight sealed container.
Store for up to 5 days.