This blueberry apple smoothie is not only healthy but it tastes just great. An amazingly refreshing wakeup call in the morning or maybe as a lively pick me up during the day.
Whatever your preference for when you like to have your smoothie, this blueberry apple smoothie gives you a good shot of vitamin C, adds to your daily fibre requirements and contains valuable antioxidants.
We all know we should be eating lots more fruit and vegetables than we do. But it's not easy is it?
We’re told on a daily basis about the health benefits of eating as much, or at least 5 portions (some nutritionists promote 7) per day.
Studies show, and indeed if you go by the Mediterranean diet, that I love, there is definitely truth and evidence to show that adopting such a lifestyle help to lower the level and risk of heart disease and cancer.
This blueberry apple smoothie can also help to get you there.
The baobab powder in this blueberry apple smoothie (which you should be able to find in your local health food store) adds an additional 12 minerals and vitamins including calcium, iron, manganese and potassium.
You can read about why you need those vital elements on a daily basis vitamins and minerals.
If you’re not eating enough fruit and vegetables daily, to get your daily vitamin and mineral requirements, adding a teaspoon of this superfood powder can help.
However, leaving it out will not change the delicious taste of the smoothie, it will only lower the nutritional content.
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Smoothie Recipes You Might Also Like
- Healthy strawberries and cream smoothie is a deliciously creamy, smooth and naturally sweet breakfast smoothie. Its made with only 4 ingredients and no actual cream!
- Banana boost smoothie will give you such a great start to the day. With vitamin E and calcium from the bananas this is a great instant energy booster. Plus it’s only 378 calories!
- Easy chocolate strawberry smoothie is a delicious low-fat low calorie refreshing smoothie. This quick and easy healthy smoothie still tastes wickedly indulgent though!
Blueberry Apple Smoothie Recipe
And if you enjoyed this blueberry apple smoothie be sure to head on over and try out my popular raspberry and pear smoothie!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Blueberry Apple Smoothie Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 300 g blueberries
- 225 ml apple juice
- 120 ml vanilla yogurt 0% fat
- 4 ice cubes
- 50 g raspberries
- 1 teaspoon baobab powder optional
- Place all the ingredients into your blender / smoothie maker and blend until smooth
- Best served chilled