This low fat hummus dip has all the familiar Mediterranean flavours you would expect from the classic dip, except that it’s lower calorie and lower fat than the original. Reduced oil and reduced salt make it a much healthier recipe overall. Perfect for sharing.
My low fat hummus dip is the second one of my favourite dips that I’m publishing.
All these dips are ones that I’ve modified from the full fat version I used to use. This has meant that whilst I’m looking after my weight, I’m still able to enjoy my favourite foods!
So, following on from my previous post of my low fat red pesto dip, here is the second one, my version of hummus (or “houmous” depending on how you want to spell it!).
This Middle Eastern chickpea favourite is usually flavoured with tahini, which is a sesame seed paste.
But here with my low fat hummus dip, I prove that you can reduce that oil content and calories, but NOT the taste!
Go on give it a try!
Next week I’ll publish my low fat tzatziki dip recipe so in order not to miss that make sure you subscribe!
Thanks again for reading and sharing! 🙂
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Low Fat Dip Recipes You Might Also Like
- Red pesto dip is so quick and easy to make and ideal to share with friends. Delicious Mediterranean flavours will remind you of sun drenched days, no matter what time of year you’re eating this and whatever the weather!
- Low fat tzatziki dip is based on the classic Greek yogurt sauce. It’s ideal for dipping, spreading and as a compliment to salads. But, best of all this recipe is low calorie so unlike the original, it won’t be so hard on your waistline!
- Low fat roasted red pepper dip is made from a unique combination of healthy veggies which combine and marinate together to produce a rich and hearty taste. Your dinner party friends will be in awe at this flavoursome dip!
Low Fat Hummus Dip Recipe
Serve this with Crudities. And share with friends.
They’ll thank you that you’re not adding to their waistlines with this delicious alternative low fat hummus recipe!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Low Fat Hummus Dip
- 400 g can of chick peas
- 1 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- Drain the chickpeas, but reserve a little of the liquid from the can separately, and rinse them.
- Put all of the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until the hummus is as smooth as you want it. If it is too dry then add some of the reserved chickpea liquid and blitz again. Add more lemon juice, if required for taste, and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.