No bake banoffee cheesecake is the classic banoffee pie turned into an equally delicious cheesecake. This is a healthier banoffee cheesecake recipe. But you’ll notice no reduction in taste. And your waistline will thank you too!
Folks, I’ve got to tell you that this no bake banoffee cheesecake recipe was nearly becoming an obsession!
I had to make several versions in order to get the topping consistency right.
There were a couple of collapsed versions before I perfected the perfect banana cheesecake!
Naturally I had to eat some of each collapsed version in order to check for taste. By scooping it right off the kitchen worktop and straight into my mouth! 😆
Wasn’t it fortunate that whilst I was trialling this cheesecake recipe I’d also doubled my training runs for the Great Scottish Run?
You’ll find this banana cheesecake has all the delicious dessert flavours that you’re looking for. Even though it’s lower in calories.
It’s sweet and creamy. With a silky smoothness and a delightful crunch too. What more could you want?
How I Made This Banoffee Cheesecake Healthier
This no bake banoffee cheesecake is a healthier version of the classic banoffee pie made into a cheesecake.
I made it healthier by using fat free cream cheese and other reduced fat ingredients
For us, this banana cheesecake is part of the 20% of the 80/20 food rule we follow. We might enjoy it once a week.
The average calories of a full fat banoffee cheesecake are about 800. There are only 500 calories in this heathier banoffee cheesecake version.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Cheesecake Recipes You Will Also Love!
- Coffee cheesecake in 4 easy steps is a delicious no bake recipe. This simple dessert will satisfy both coffee and cheesecake lovers alike!
- Lemon crunch cheesecake is a delicious no bake cheesecake recipe. It’s simple, low cost and easy to make. With an amazing zingy refreshing lemon flavour all it requires is a bit of time to set in your fridge.
- The easiest ever no bake blueberry cheesecake is the only blueberry cheesecake you will ever need. This is as quick and easy as cheesecake recipes get. No matter what the season is this cheesecake is perfect for all occasions!
Coming Next Week on Neil’s Healthy Meals
So, our weekend plans are to head to Edinburgh on Saturday for a wine festival we have tickets for, and then somewhere different to try for lunch.
Then on Sunday….that garden fence painting…..maybe 😉
But anyway please do join me next week for 2 delicious new recipes.No bake banoffee cheesecake is the classic banoffee pie turned into an equally delicious cheesecake. A healthier banoffee cheesecake recipe. Which your waistline will thank you for too!
No Bake Banoffee Cheesecake Recipe
As this is a no bake cheesecake it’s not difficult to make.
It does require just a little time to make and to set in the fridge though. I recommend you start making this the day before you want to serve it.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
- 125 g reduced fat digestive biscuits graham crackers
- 75 g soft butter
- 25 g light soft brown sugar
- 25 g butter
- 397 g can light condensed milk
- 4 tbsp fat free quark / fat free cream cheese
- ½ tsp instant coffee granules
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 100 ml fat free yogurt
- 100 ml fat free quark cream cheese*
- 200 ml reduced fat / low calorie double cream
- 2 large bananas
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Sifted cocoa powder for dusting
To Make The Biscuit Base
- Blitz the biscuits and butter in a food processor until clumpy and then press the mixture into the bottom of a greased 17cm deep loose bottom cheesecake / cake tin.
- Put the biscuit base in the fridge for at least an hour for it to set completely.
To Make The Toffee Sauce
- Put the light brown soft sugar and butter into a small saucepan and heat, gently, stirring well with a wooden spoon until thick. Add the light condensed milk and stir again constantly for about 8 minutes until thick and the colour is light caramel.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the 4 tbsp. of quark. Set aside and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Pour the toffee sauce onto the set biscuit base and put back into the fridge again for at least an hour for it to set completely.
To Make The Topping
- Mix the coffee granules, caster sugar, yogurt and remaining quark in a bowl.
- With a hand whisk or preferably in a stand mixer bowl, whisk the double cream until stiff, then gently fold in the yogurt mixture.
- Chop both of the bananas into thin slices and scatter the slices from one banana over the set toffee sauce.
- In a small bowl add the other banana slices to the lemon juice and keep in the fridge until you are ready to serve the cheesecake.
- Spoon the cream mixture onto the banana and toffee mixture.
- Put the cheesecake back in the fridge for at least 6 hours (recommended overnight).
- When ready to serve carefully remove the cheesecake from the cake tin and decorate with the remaining sliced bananas and dust with the cocoa powder.