The easiest ever no bake blueberry cheesecake is the only blueberry cheesecake you will ever need. This is as quick and easy as cheesecake recipes get. No matter what the season is this cheesecake is perfect for all occasions!
This no bake blueberry cheesecake is just great if you’re entertaining and you really don't want to spend loads of time (or money) on making or planning a dessert.
Especially after you've gone to the effort of delivering a magnificent dinner!
With a minimum number of ingredients, and minimum fuss required you'll still "wow" your guests or family with this fantastic easy no bake blueberry cheesecake recipe.
Again, this delicious recipe just goes to show that amazing food doesn’t have to cost a furtune.
Just like my Lemon Crunch Cheesecake recipe, I'm pretty sure this easy blueberry cheesecake recipe is one you'll add to your "go-to" easy dessert recipes list!
And the taste of this blueberry cheesecake?
Well I find it hard to describe, so I'll just say that it can only be described as "pure sweet heaven".
The simple blueberry jam covered cheesecake matches perfectly with the fresh blueberries.
Because of that delicious sweet combination that they together provide, there's no need to add any additional sweetness to the cheesecake.
I recommend serving the no bake cheesecake recipe as is.
Although not quite a completely healthy blueberry cheesecake, no additional cream or ice cream is required. It's just perfect on its own!
My other half and I love a cheesecake dessert or a similar pudding on a Sunday evening.
It's our weekly sweet treat and fits in perfectly with the 80/20 rule for eating.
Cheesecakes like this no bake blueberry cheesecake were always my most favourite childhood dessert and still are!
Whenever we had a BBQ at my parents I was always given the task (which I very happily accepted!) of putting together the cheesecake we were going to enjoy after our sausages and burgers.
We would BBQ most weekends, even if the weather wasn't great (this is Scotland after all!) and you would often find my Dad beside the BBQ, tongs in one hand and umbrella in the other!
He still does that but just for himself and my mum now. 🙂
As I mentioned this no-bake blueberry cheesecake is a delicious dessert to make and it's made from simple ingredients.
After publishing the recipe I had people asking me if they could not get blueberry jam how they could make their own blueberry pie filling that they could top the cream cheese layer with?
So now I've updated this great recipe below with how to make a blueberry topping.
Otherwise if you don't want to make the blueberry topping then just follow the original no bake blueberry version.
It's just a quick blitz in a food processor to make the crust. Then a whisking together of the cream cheese mixture ingredients (by hand or electric mixer).
Then chill for at least 4 hours and top with the blueberry topping. And enjoy!
- How To Make Make No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe From Scratch (quick step-by-step)
- How To Make No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Topping
- Recipes Similar To This No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake You Might Also Like
- 📋 The Easiest Ever No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe
- Nutrition Label
- Rate The Recipe
- Digestive Biscuits
- Unsalted Butter
- Cream Cheese
- Double Cream
- Lemon Juice
- Vanilla Extract
- Blueberry Jam
See recipe card for quantities for the no bake blueberry cheesecake ingredients.
- Digestive Biscuits - folks in the U.S. use Graham Crackers if you can’t get digestive biscuits. You could also use Oreo biscuits to make a chocolate crust.
- Unsalted Butter - you can use salted butter but I prefer unsalted and it's healthier.
- Cream Cheese - use spreadable softened cream cheese which is at room temperature.
- Double Cream - folks in the U.S. use heavy cream.
- Lemon Juice - freshly squeezed is best but you can used bottled as well.
- Vanilla Extract - use a good quality one. You can use vanilla essence but it just isn't as good.
- Blueberry Jam - if you can't get blueberry jam use an alternative berry jam or make your own easy blueberry sauce topping by following the method below.
- Blueberries - fresh blueberries are best. You can substitute with frozen ones but make sure they are thawed out completely before you use them.
Tips For How To Make No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
- Folks in the U.S. use Graham Crackers to make a Graham Cracker crust if you can’t get digestive biscuits.
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature. But your double cream is straight from the fridge prior to whisking.
- You can use full fat cream cheese and full fat double cream if you want. I use reduced fat as a personal preference to reduce the calories and to make the recipe as close to a healthy blueberry cheesecake as possible!
- Make sure your fridge is cold when you place the cheesecake in it to set. In order for this to be a no bake blueberry cheesecake no gelatin is used unlike many other cheesecakes. So for best results leave to set in the fridge overnight. Serve the cheesecake cold but don't let it sit about for too long or it'll start to soften!
- For the topping you'll find that if you carefully warm the blueberry jam a little in a small saucepan, it'll make it easier to spread over the top of the cheesecake but don't warm it too much!
- If you don't have the time or ingredients to make the blueberry topping you could make this into a cherry cheesecake instead by substituting with cherry pie filling or cherry jam instead.
- Do you need gelatin for this no bake dessert cheesecake? - No this no bake blueberry cheesecake recipe is a gelatin-free cheesecake recipe.
- How long does cheesecake take to set? - This no baked cheesecake needs to sit for 4 hours in the fridge. Possibly longer if you're using reduced fat ingredients. I do recommend setting it overnight in the fridge though.
- How long does blueberry cheesecake last? Any left-over slices (if there are any!) can easily be put into individual airtight containers in your freezer and frozen. Not only does that mean you'll have a supply of this lovely blueberry cheesecake for future, but that removes the temptation of eating the whole lot in one sitting!
- To defrost your frozen blueberry no bake cheesecake remove the container from your freezer to the fridge the day before you want to eat it.
- Can you use other berries instead? Yes. If you cannot get blueberries then substitute with fresh blackberries or raspberries and their associated jam.
How To Make Make No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe From Scratch (quick step-by-step)
- Prepare cake tin by greasing and lining with greaseproof / parchment paper.
- Blitz biscuits in a food processor, blender or bash in a bag with a rolling pin until you have a crunchy crumb consistency.
- Melt the butter. Stir the crumbed biscuits into the melted butter.
- Press biscuit mixture into cake tin, making sure bottom is covered evenly. Place in fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Whisk together the cream cheese, double cream, lemon juice and vanilla extract to create the creamy filling.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the biscuit base and smooth cheesecake out.
- Place the cheesecake into the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- Before serving, remove from fridge for 5 minutes and carefully lift the cheesecake out of the tin.
- Slide out the greaseproof paper, top with the blueberry jam and serve with the blueberries.
How To Make No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Topping
- In a saucepan add 380g fresh blueberries, 75g granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon plain (all purpose) flour, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 80 ml cold water.
- Simmer on a low heat for 5 - 10 minutes stirring occassionally until thickened. You may have to add more water or flour to get it to the desired consistency.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Place it in the fridge until it's required.
Please note nutrition data does not include this homemade blueberry cheesecake topping.
For this No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake you may need…
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
This is the deep round cake tin with loose base that I use in the making of this cheesecake and many of my other cheesecakes too.
It's easy to push the base up slowly keeping the shape of the cheesecake with this cake tin. When you're removing it prior to serving.
I also find it easier to use with my no bake cheesecake recipes than cake tins that clip together at the side. Those I find are better for baked cheesecakes!
Recipes Similar To This No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake You Might Also Like
If you enjoyed this no bake blueberry cheesecake recipe and you’re looking for some of my other delicious cheesecake recipes then why not check out my
Lactose intolerant or looking for a vegan cheesecake? No problems check out my
Easy summer dessert? Then you definitely want to check out my
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
📋 The Easiest Ever No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 180 g reduced fat digestive biscuits
- 80 g unsalted butter
- 300 g reduced fat soft cheese
- 250 ml reduced fat double cream
- 4 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blueberry Jam
- 80 g Fresh blueberries to accompany
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 20cm loose bottomed cake tin and line the bottom with greaseproof paper.
- Blitz the digestive biscuits to a crunchy crumb consistency either in a food processor or place in a bag and bash with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan, then stir in the crushed biscuits.
- Press the biscuits into the bottom of the greased cake tin, ensuring all of the bottom is covered evenly, then place the tin into the fridge for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Whisk together the cream cheese, double cream, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the biscuit base and smooth out.
- Place the cheesecake into the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours. If you can make this the day before and chill overnight, then even better.
- Before serving, remove from fridge for 5 minutes and carefully lift the cheesecake out.
- Remove the greaseproof paper, top with the blueberry jam and serve with the blueberries.
Nutritional information provided below is calculated using paid for online tools and the exact ingredients and quantities used above.
Rate The Recipe
If you’ve made this no bake blueberry cheesecake recipe or any other recipes on Neil's Healthy Meals, then please let me know.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂