Stir fry turkey with sugar snap peas is a recipe you’ll just love. It’s healthy, low carb and quick and easy to prepare too. A perfect weeknight dinner!
As I said in the introduction folks, I think you’re just going to love this stir fry turkey with sugar snap peas recipe.
It’s extremely tasty and by using turkey it’s a lean mean dish at only 367 calories per serving.
You’ll definitely want to add this to your list of healthy weeknight dinner recipes!
This recipe is low in fat too.
In this turkey stir fry recipe the turkey is marinated first.
That means less oil is needed to do the stir fry cooking part.
So that in turn cuts down the overall fat content and helps to prevent the turkey drying out during the cooking too.
Sugar snap peas can aid in losing weight as they alone add only 35 calories to this recipe and contain no fat.
Not only that they add a wonderful “crunch” to this delicious stir fry turkey dish too.
Tesco Wine Fair
So anyway, how was your weekend?
To be honest mine seems like a complete blur now! I said last week that we would be heading to the Tesco Wine Fair in Edinburgh. We did, it was amazing and 3 hours of sampling beautiful wines from all over the world passed quickly! Funny that…… 😛
We ended up having lunch at Nandos as it was quick and easy.
Although quite a warm day in Edinburgh, it was exceptionally windy, so not really a day to be walking about too much.
Here’s a photo of Lynne and her friend Jen with Edinburgh Castle in the background.
The other photo’s came out a bit “wobbly”. So we’ll just keep it to this one shall we? Lol. 😉
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Stir Fry Recipes You Might Also Enjoy
- Stir fried sesame chicken, leek and noodles – a really quick and easy to prepare meal. Marinating the chicken first adds to the flavour and prevents it drying out during cooking.
- Stir fried scallops with whole wheat noodles – this is a delicious dish, ready to eat in less than half an hour and by by using frozen scallops you’ll keep the costs as low as possible.
- Chilli beef stir fry – Thin strips of steak, pepper and green beans cooked in a tasty sauce make up this sensational easy, healthy stir fry. Wok to table in just over 30 minutes!
Stir Fry Turkey With Sugar Snap Peas Recipe
If you can’t get turkey then you could use chicken instead. And if you can’t get sugar snap peas then substitute with green beans.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Stir Fry Turkey with Sugar Snap Peas
- 300 g turkey breasts cut into strips
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- 70 g cashew nuts
- 160 g sugar snap peas
- 8 spring onions topped and tailed and cut length ways
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander / parsley to garnish
- Place the turkey breast strips into a shallow dish with the five spice powder, soy sauce, crushed garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and water. Mix together well and set aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile toast the cashew nuts in a dry wok over a medium heat. Put aside to cool.
- Add the turkey breast strips and all of the juices from the shallow dish and stir fry for about 4 minutes. Once cooked, remove the turkey strips from the wok with a slotted spoon or tongs.
- Add the sugar snap peas to the remaining marinade in the wok and stir fry for approximately 4 – 5 minutes. If there is insufficient marinade left, or the wok starts drying out, add a couple of tablespoons of hot water.
- Add the turkey strips back to the wok, then the spring onions and cashew nuts and stir fry everything together for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately dividing between 2 plates and garnish with coriander / parsley.