Broccoli and feta cheese frittata is a delicious brunch or dinner. Packed with vegetables it's a perfect quick healthy meal to make!
Frittatas must be one of the easiest and fastest recipes to make. For example, this broccoli and cheese frittata takes just 15 minutes to prep and 15 minutes to cook!
Although frittatas are generally made as breakfast recipes, we enjoy them as a meal at any time of the day.
They're a great way to use up eggs and you can pretty much make them your own by using whatever veggies you have.
Mostly frittatas are made on the stove in a pan but if you're looking for an oven baked frittata then why not try out my oven baked vegetable frittata?
This broccoli feta frittata is an easy recipe and can easily be made your own by following the recipe or using any of the substitutions listed below!
- Fat Free Yogurt
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Broccoli Florets
- Spring Onions
- Red Pepper
- Frozen Peas
- Reduced Fat Feta
See recipe card for quantities.
- Eggs - I use free range large sized eggs. Any good quality eggs will do.
- Fat Free Yogurt - fat free Greek yogurt is fine or full fat if you want.
- Salt & Pepper - freshly grated sea salt and black peppercorns are best for flavour.
- Olive Oil - any kind of cooking oil will work here.
- Broccoli Florets - this is a broccoli frittata but you could use any kind of veggie you like. You may need to adjust cooking time though.
- Spring Onions - use any kind of veggie you like. You may need to adjust cooking time though.
- Red Bell Pepper - use any kind of veggie you like. You may need to adjust cooking time though.
- Frozen Peas - use any kind of veggie you like. You may need to adjust cooking time though.
- Feta - you could use any kind of different cheese you like. Goat cheese is good.
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Is broccoli and feta cheese frittata healthy?
This vegetable frittata is full of good nutrition and so is an excellent healthy choice for breakfast, brunch or dinner. It includes protein from the eggs, healthy carbs and vitamins and minerals too. It's also low in calories at only 203 per serving.
What goes well with frittata?
Sides that go well with a frittata include a green salad a tomato and lettuce salad or a healthy potato salad.
How to store frittata?
Once cooled slice up your frittata and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
How do I reheat a frittata?
In an oven, wrap frittata in some aluminium foil and place in an oven preheated to 180C. In a microwave place on a microwavable plate, cover with some cling film and heat for 30 - 60 seconds. You do not have to reheat if you don't want to as a frittata is excellent cold!
Broccoli and Feta Cheese Frittata Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoon fat free yogurt
- Salt and Black Pepper to season
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 100 g broccoli florets chopped
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- ½ red pepper chopped into small chunks
- 25 g frozen peas
- 75 g reduced fat feta broken into small pieces
- Pre-heat grill on medium heat, shelf in upper position, but not too close to the heat.
- Break the eggs into a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs, add the yogurt and beat together well, then season with salt and pepper.
- Gently heat the oil in a shallow pan*.
- Add the chopped broccoli, spring onions and red pepper and sauté for about 3 minutes until soft.
- Stir in the peas and feta.
- Pour eggs mixture into the pan and distribute it around the bottom of the pan to cover all the vegetables.
- Cook the frittata without stirring for about 5 minutes until the bottom is firm and light brown. Do not allow to burn.
- Place the pan under the grill for 2 – 3 minutes until the frittata is fully set.
- Allow to cool a little before removing and cutting into individual slices with a rubber spatula to serve.
Nutritional information provided below is calculated using paid for online tools and the exact ingredients and quantities used above.
Rate The Recipe
If you’ve made this broccoli feta cheese frittata recipe, or any other recipes on Neil's Healthy Meals, then please let me know.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂