Serve this versatile courgette and sundried tomato frittata for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It's delicious, quick, healthy and easy to make. The perfect choice for when time is limited.
Aren't Frittatas great? The flavours of this delicious courgette (zucchini for my American friends) and sundried tomato frittata just go so well together!
You know frittatas must be one of the easiest and fastest recipes to get on a plate using whatever veggies you might have leftover in your fridge or store cupboard.
Now folks, a question - are frittatas for breakfast, lunch or for dinner?
I don't know; it's a personal choice I suppose.
All I know is that I'd quite happily eat them for each and every meal!
Folks like my previous recipe, the black bean burgers one, this courgette and sundried tomato frittata is another recipe I'm recreating from our recent trip to Hawaii and San Francisco.
We had these at the Hyatt in Oahu for breakfast.
Because of the Haleakala day trip we had planned, that meant leaving the hotel before breakfast was served, we missed getting to the self service breakfast buffet on our first full day in Oahu.
Had I known that I was missing out on a piece of this delicious frittata I might I requested that the hotel keep us some back, it's seriously that good!
When I saw this on our second day at the hotel, I carved a piece and then spend the new 10 minutes trying to work out the combination of ingredients that were producing the delicious flavours in my mouth!
I must have appeared rude to people who may have looked over whilst I was eating this and frantically typing into my phone at the same time.
I don't think they would have understood that what I'm actually doing is typing in the name of the recipe and ingredients I think it's made from so I can try it out at home. It drives my other half mad and I'm grateful she puts up with me!
It's funny but frittatas are always one of our main camping recipes too.
They're so easy to make on our camping stove!
We always like to see if we can get fresh baked rolls and then have a slice of frittata in two rolls each whenever we are away camping.
There's always some kind of frittata recipe. It probably wouldn't be a holiday for us if we didn't have a frittata most mornings!
You don't have to have a skillet to make this courgette and sundried tomato frittata, a deep frying pan will do.
It's only recently that I got my skillet, before that I didn't have a large pan that could go into the oven to bake it's contents without the plastic handle melting!
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Vegetarian Recipes You Might Also Like
- Red pepper and spinach frittata is a delicious and easy quick healthy meal. Serve this vegetarian dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The choice is yours!
- Tomato leek and mushroom quiche is a delicious and easy healthy vegetarian quiche recipe that can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner. Hot or cold!
- Broccoli and feta cheese frittata is a delicious brunch or dinner. Packed with vegetables it's a perfect quick healthy meal to make!
- This oven baked vegetable frittata recipe is easy to make and adaptable too. Budget friendly, this family dinner takes under an hour and is served with just a green salad!
Courgette And Sundried Tomato Frittata Recipe
You can grill this courgette frittata at the last stage of the recipe instead of popping it into the oven.
Check out how to do that by following steps 7 and 8 in the kale and pepper frittata recipe.
I’d also love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Courgette and Sundried Tomato Frittata Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 5 medium sized eggs
- 4 tablespoon fat free yogurt
- 2 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper to season
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion , thinly sliced
- 2 small sized courgettes (zucchini), sliced and quartered
- 50 g spinach , chopped
- 50 g sun dried tomatoes , from a jar, drained and chopped
- 2 tomatoes , sliced
- Preheat the oven to 150c Fan.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add the yogurt and parmesan cheese and beat together well, then season with salt and pepper.
- Gently heat the oil in a cast-iron skillet or frying pan
- Add the onion and courgette and sauté for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the spinach and cook down for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and heat for a further 2 minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and distribute it around to cover all the vegetables.
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes around the pan.
- Place the skillet in the oven and bake the frittata until golden for about 15 to 20 minutes.