This kale and pepper frittata is not only really tasty but it’s simple to make, packed with protein and full of healthy nutritional ingredients too!
A great brunch idea for the weekend this kale and pepper frittata hits the spot perfectly and it’s really good for you.
The peppers which are rich in vitamins A, C and K add a delicious sweetness and crunch to this hearty recipe.
The kale, which, being one of the world’s healthiest foods, is excellent in aiding good digestion and in lowering cholesterol levels and the risk of cancer too.
Although I used yellow peppers and orange peppers, these were the only ones I had to hand. Use any that you have available!
It’s easier if you have a shallow omelette pan, or the bottom of an egg poaching pan, which is what I’m actually using in my pictures.
I also serve this kale and pepper frittata for Lady Lynne and I for dinner with lots of extra vegetables and a good quality complex carbohydrate such as wholegrain rice. So, it’s a pretty versatile dish overall.
There’s lots of other frittata fillings that I love, not just kale and pepper, but for now I’ll start with this one.
For This Kale And Pepper Frittata You May Need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
The set includes 16, 18, 20 cm saucepans, 1 x 14 cm milk pan and 1 x 24 cm fry pan.
The pans are suitable for all hobs including induction.
They come with a 1-year guarantee which can be extended to a 10-year warranty when you register the product.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Popular Recipes Similar To This Kale and Pepper Frittata
- Serve this versatile courgette and sundried tomato frittata for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It’s delicious, quick, healthy and easy to make. The perfect choice for when time is limited.
- Red pepper and spinach frittata is a delicious and easy quick healthy meal. Serve this vegetarian dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The choice is yours!
- Mediterranean breakfast egg muffins are a delicious and healthy way to start your weekend. This simple, versatile vegetarian recipe is low carb, packed with protein, glutenfree and low in calories too!
Kale and Pepper Frittata Recipe
Make this recipe your own using up any leftover vegetables you might have!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Kale and Pepper Frittata
- 4 medium sized eggs
- 3 tbsp fat free yogurt
- Salt and Pepper to season
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- ¼ red pepper chopped
- ¼ orange pepper chopped
- 30 g freshly chopped kale
- 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Pre-heat grill on medium, shelf in upper position, but not too close to the heat.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add the yogurt and beat together well, then season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a shallow pan.
- Add the spring onions and peppers, sauté for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the kale, sauté everything for a further 2 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and distribute it around to cover all the vegetables.
- Cook the frittata without stirring until the bottom is firm and light brown. Do not allow to burn.
- Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top.
- Place the pan under the grill for 4 – 5 minutes until the frittata is golden brown.
- Garnish with the parsley and then serve.