Feta and lemon quinoa salad is a deliciously fresh tasting gluten free vegetarian healthy lunch option. Packed full of nutritional goodness this low cost salad is quick and easy to prepare. The classic Mediterranean flavours, brought to life with a zingy lemon vinaigrette.
Although during summer I’m still inclined to take one of my soups every day to work for lunch, from time to time I do like to shake it up a bit with a good filling salad.
Like this delicious feta and lemon quinoa salad.
It would be a shame to miss out on all the fantastic fresh salad produce in the shops at the moment by sticking to soups every day.
Particularly cherry tomatoes, they just seem to taste so much juicier now, rather than in winter don’t you think?
It’s just that when time is limited, and I’m home late from work in the evening, it’s often far easier to reach into the freezer and get out one of my pre-made soups.
Fortunately though, I came up with this feta and lemon quinoa salad as an ideal solution to the limited time issue and this means I CAN take advantage of all that fantastic fresh salad produce!
You’ll be able to make this feta and lemon quinoa salad in just 10 minutes if you’ve already got cooked quinoa and peas.
Plus, quinoa is just such a super amazing grain!
Check out this detailed article on the 27 science-backed health benefits of quinoa if you don’t believe me!
I got the idea for this feta and lemon quinoa salad from a pre-made healthy lunch I bought out of a well-known U.K. high street store, prior to travelling on a train to London a few years ago.
It stuck in my memory and the lemony flavours of that salad really complimented the quinoa, feta and edamame beans.
I wasn’t able to get edamame beans for this, my version. So I’ve substituted with peas instead. You could add edamame beans instead if you can get them.
Also, goats cheese would be fine as a feta cheese substitute if you can’t get that.
Talking of feta cheese, whilst writing up this recipe I did some checking up on the benefits of feta cheese.
Is Feta Cheese Good For You?
I came to the conclusion that like any cheese, feta cheese is one to enjoy in moderation.
It can be high in saturated fat and salt. But, that depends on how it’s made and there are healthier versions available and that’s what I tend to use.
Saying that though, feta cheese is still one of the healthiest cheeses you can choose and an ideal addition to your salad.
Made from either sheep or goats milk, its packed with vital vitamins and minerals and is an excellent replacement high protein source for vegetarians.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Quinoa Recipes You Might Also Like
- Banana almond overnight quinoa is a really quick, easy and delicious bowl of nutrition to get you started first thing in the morning. It’s great waking up and knowing your day starts with this. Especially because it’s pre-made!
- This quinoa kale almond salad has a fantastic combination of healthy ingredients which give it a unique nutty flavour. It’s ideal as a healthy packed lunch.
- Gluten free and nutty tasting, this vanilla quinoa and blueberry breakfast makes for a delicious healthy alternative to traditional oatmeal.
- Quick quinoa salad. This healthy and delicious salad is perfect as a packed lunch or time saving dinner. It’s so easy to make and packed with flavour!
Feta and Lemon Quinoa Salad Recipe
You’ll need cooked quinoa for this feta salad recipe. It doesn’t take long though.
You can cook 60g of rinsed quinoa in 300ml of water which only takes about 20 minutes!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Feta and Lemon Quinoa Salad
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 60 g quinoa cooked and cooled*
- 80 g feta cheese
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 70 g peas cooked
- 8 halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion finely diced
Lemon Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 3 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed is best
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Make the lemon vinaigrette by combining all the vinaigrette ingredients into a small bowl and seasoning to taste.
- Make the salad by placing the quinoa in a medium sized bowl and combining with the onion.
- Crumble the feta into the bowl with the quinoa and onion, then add the peas and cherry tomatoes.
- Pour over the lemon vinaigrette, add the chopped coriander and gently mix everything together.
- Transfer to serving bowls and squeeze extra lemon juice over if required.