Creamy kale coleslaw with apple is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional coleslaw. Plus it’s perfect at any time of the year!
I’m hoping that I’m not too late folks to fit this creamy kale coleslaw with apple recipe into being one of your summer BBQ side dishes?
It’s really been an amazing summer here in the UK so far hasn’t it?
I’ve been eating salads like they’re going out of fashion!
We’ve been eating so much of my easy healthier coleslaw that I needed to come up with another healthy coleslaw recipe quick to add a bit of variation!
That’s where this delicious creamy kale coleslaw entered our lives!
So how do we make this creamy coleslaw?
First we take an amazing healthy selection of ingredients.
Kale, red cabbage, carrots, sweet apple and crunchy celery.
Then we toss them all up together and coat them in a delicious tangy home made low calorie creamy dressing.
It doesn’t take long to put this healthy creamy coleslaw together either. Just 30 minutes.
It’s perfect for your BBQ parties as you’ll get at least 8 servings out of this recipe. That’s 8 BIG servings.
There’s nothing to worry about calorie wise either as there are only 100 calories per serving of this creamy kale coleslaw.
Plus, as I said in the introduction paragraph, this recipe is perfect at any time of the year.
So, if you’re reading this recipe and it isn’t summer, no worries.
You could easily pair this coleslaw with a grilled turkey burger.
Why This Creamy Kale Coleslaw Is Good For You
- Kale has lots of nutrients and is very low in calories. It’s one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet.
- Red cabbage contains insoluble fibre and as a potassium rich food can help to lower blood pressure.
- Carrots have a low ranking on the glycemic index and have been linked to lower cholesterol levels and improved eye health.
- Apples contain many vitamins and minerals and in particular are an excellent source of vitamin C.
- Celery contains folic acid which helps to maintain and form healthy blood cells. Helping to keep the heart healthy.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Add your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Coming Next Week on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Folks, thanks for checking out this recipe!
Looking to next week and Tuesday I’ve got a new prawn and mushroom stir fry recipe. I can’t remember the last time I published a stir fry recipe?
Then on Thursday, just before Lynne and I head off on our holidays a new easy chocolate strawberry smoothie recipe.
I couldn’t not have a recipe with this years amazing Scottish strawberries could I?The best creamy kale coleslaw with apple! A delicious and healthy alternative to traditional coleslaw. Perfect at any time of the year!Click To Tweet
Creamy Kale Coleslaw with Apple Recipe
Top your BBQ burgers with this kale coleslaw then sandwich it between a burger bun. Yum!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise low fat
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 100 g curly kale stalks removed, sliced and washed
- 200 g head red cabbage shredded
- 2 carrots peeled and grated
- 2 medium Granny Smith apple chopped into 1cm pieces
- 1 stick of celery chopped
- Whisk together mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, cider vinegar and honey in a small bowl, then season to taste.
- Put all of the coleslaw ingredients in to a bowl and mix well. Pour over the dressing and massage the dressing into the coleslwaw using your hands. Serve immediately or place in the fridge and until required.