Chicken and cannellini beans is a delicious quick healthy meal. Ready in under an hour and served with rice this one pan meal will be a hit with your family!
This chicken and cannellini beans dish really is a fantastic budget family recipe and its got to be one of the easiest dinners I've ever made!
To prepare this healthy delicious feast all I used was frozen sweetcorn, chicken breasts a can of cannellini beans, chicken stock and some other basic store cupboard ingredients.
I used a tin of condensed chicken soup to make up the sauce - easy!
I know that this is one of those recipes I'm going to turn to time and time again because it’s so easy to prepare and when paired with some rice it’s totally filling.
Plus I think you’ll love the fact that it’s all cooked together in one pan because it’s faster to prepare and there’s less mess and washing up!
You could also choose to incorporate your rice into the one pan chicken and cannellini beans so that it cooks at the same time too.
I cook my rice separately as I generally use wholegrain basmati rice which can take longer than traditional rice and absorbs more liquid.
I like the dish to still be quite creamy, not stodgy!
The recipes makes enough for a family of 4 and any leftovers can be easily frozen too.
And, not only are cannellini beans remarkably cheap but they also come with a whole list of amazing health benefits :-
Why Cannellini Beans Are Good For You!
- They're high in protein
- High in fibre
- Low in calories
- They help to contributes towards a healthy heart.
- And they may help to prevent cancer!
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Budget Chicken Dinner Recipes You Might Also Like
- This delicious, simple, healthy chicken stew can be on the table for a family of four in just one hour. It’s one of our favourite go-to recipes when its been a long hard day at work.
- Simple chicken with peas and bacon is a delicious and easy one pan dinner recipe. This budget meal serves 4 and can be on the table in less than an hour!
- One pot chicken, leek and sweet potato is the perfect quick healthy weeknight dinner recipe. This delicious and easy family casserole bakes in the oven and saves on the washing up!
Chicken And Cannellini Beans Recipe
Substitute the cannellini beans with other types of beans (e.g. butter beans) if you wish too.
In my quest for keeping as many of my quick healthy recipes as low cost as I can, (like under £5 for 4 portions if possible) cannellini beans are remarkably cheap in my local supermarket.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Chicken And Cannellini Beans Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500 g chicken breasts diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tin condensed chicken soup
- 100 ml chicken stock
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 115 g frozen sweetcorn
- 300 g can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil in a large pan.
- Add the chicken and diced onion and saute until the chicken is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for about 20 seconds.
- Add the condensed chicken soup, chicken stock and thyme and stir everything well together.
- Bring mixture to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the sweetcorn and cannellini beans and allow to simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Season to taste, stir in parsley and serve with rice.