Simple chicken with peas and bacon is a delicious and easy one pan dinner recipe. This budget meal serves 4 and can be on the table in less than an hour!
Folks, this simple chicken with peas and bacon recipe is relatively effortless and only needs one large frying pan for cooking.
That’s good news in terms of the minimal effort involved.
Plus good news regarding the dishes to be washed!
As you know I get my recipe inspiration from a number of places.
Travel (more on that below 🙂 ) and from recipes I have had the fortune to eat!
This chicken with peas and bacon is my variation of a French dish, the classic poulet à la Clamart.
I was lucky enough to be served this dish when I stayed with a French family as part of a school exchange. Many moons ago……
The original classic French recipe calls for whole chicken thighs to be used.
Here I’ve swapped out the whole chicken thighs and used chopped up lean boneless skinless chicken breasts instead.
Chopping up the chicken breasts means that they cook quicker.
The rest of the ingredients should be quite easy to get and cheaply too.
For the wine I usually only buy a 125ml miniature which is enough to cook with.
Simple Chicken with Peas and Bacon in 5 Steps
- Heat oil. Sauté onion and bacon.
- Add and cook sliced chicken.
- Add white wine and chicken stock. Simmer.
- Stir in the peas and cook.
- Season to taste. Serve.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular One Pan Chicken Recipes You Might Also Like
- Chicken and cannellini beans is a delicious quick healthy meal. Ready in under an hour and served with rice this one pan meal will be a hit with your family!
- Cheesy chicken and broccoli skillet is a delicious one pan easy recipe. Ready in just 30 minutes then add some rice to make it a perfect quick healthy meal!
- One pot Mediterranean chicken is a delicious, fresh, quick and healthy meal all put together on the stove top. This tasty dish packed full of vegetables is only one hour away from your dinner table!
Coming Thursday on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Well folks there’s no recipe next week. 😮
Nope, that’s because I’m off on more walking adventures with Lady Lynne and our friend Jen.
You may recall the three of us did The West Highland Way last year?
Well this year the three of us are walking The Cumbria Way. It’s a 70 mile, 5 day hike through The Lake District from Ulverson to Carlisle.
The three of us are tremendously excited to see some of the most spectacular scenery in this country that can only be seen on foot.
Also, we are staying at some pretty amazing places serving local food and real ale!
I’ll take loads of pictures and report back to you when I get back.
Turkey Rice Casserole will be the next recipe you can look forward to on our return!
Catch you later…….. 😉
Simple Chicken with Peas and Bacon Recipe
Serve this simple chicken with peas and bacon recipe with mashed potatoes.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Simple Chicken with Peas and Bacon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 4 turkey bacon rashers
- 300 g skinless chicken breast sliced lengthways then halved
- 125 ml white wine
- 125 ml chicken stock
- 190 g frozen peas
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Gently heat the oil in a medium sized frying pan / skillet. Add the onion and bacon and sauté for about 3 – 4 minutes until softened.
- Add the sliced chicken to the pan and stir-fry for about 4 – 5 minutes until cooked and no longer pink inside.
- Add the white wine and chicken stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for approximately 12 - 15 minutes until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Add the peas to the pan, cook stirring for about 5 minutes until peas are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper.