Chorizo tomato lentil and kale soup tastes delicious. It’s easy to make, made from hardly any ingredients and smells amazing whilst its cooking!
This chorizo tomato lentil and kale soup is a meal in itself!
Lots of fantastic healthy ingredients served up in one big bowl.
Normally this is a lunchtime soup for us, but I’ve seen us have this for dinner option too
Mostly if we’ve been out to lunch at the weekend and we just want something non carb filling in the evening.
You can get more than 50% of your recommended daily fibre intake from this soup and nearly 100% of your vitamin dose.
Questions About How To Make Chorizo Tomato Lentil And Kale Soup
- Do I need to cook the lentils before adding them into the soup? No. Red lentils do not need pre-cooked. Just give them a rinse in a sieve and they’re ready to go straight into the pot!
- Can I substitute spinach for kale? Absolutely, just add in a few handfuls at the same time you would have added the kale.
- Can I freeze this chorizo soup? Yes. Just let the soup cool completely first. I recommend portioning it up into individual containers and then placing in the freezer.
- How do I reheat this lentil and kale soup? Allow it to defrost completely first, if just taken out of the freezer. Then either re-heat it in a saucepan on your stove, stirring frequently. Or microwave it for 3 minutes. Stiring it after each minute of cooking.
For This Chorizo Tomato Lentil Soup You May Need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
The set includes 16, 18, 20 cm saucepans, 1 x 14 cm milk pan and 1 x 24 cm fry pan.
The pans are suitable for all hobs including induction.
They come with a 1-year guarantee which can be extended to a 10-year warranty when you register the product.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Chorizo Soup Recipes You Might Also Like
- The amazing flavours of this sweet potato garlic and chorizo soup combine to form a deliciously warming winter soup. This low calorie soup is both filling and satisfying too.
- Chorizo yellow split pea soup is a rich, comforting and filling winter soup. A budget soup that’s easy to make and has a delicious smoky flavour!
- Tomato and chorizo soup is the perfect winter warmer. Vibrant and bursting with flavour, this easy low cost rustic soup is just what you need when it’s cold outside!
Chorizo Tomato Lentil and Kale Soup Recipe
If this is a lunch option then I’d recommend serving with 2 slices of my home made wholemeal bread or wholemeal roll.
I highly recommend this simple tasty chorizo tomato lentil and kale soup as a fantastic cure and prevention of colds too!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Chorizo, Tomato, Lentil and Kale Soup
- 1 large diced onion
- 50 g chorizo chopped up into small 0.5cm pieces
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 175 g red split lentils
- 120 g shredded curly kale
- 1 L vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a large pan, large enough to hold 1.5L of liquid.
- Add the chopped chorizo pieces; stir them round the pan to release their juices. Remove the chorizo from the pan with a slotted spoon once it begins to brown and set it aside.
- Add the diced onion and stir and sweat the onion in the chorizo juices. Once the onion has softened add the tomatoes, the red split lentils, and then add the chorizo back to the pan, stirring the mixture to combine it. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock to the pan, bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes of simmering, add the curly kale and simmer for a further 15 minutes.