You’ll love the smell of this chorizo, tomato, lentil and kale soup as it permeates your kitchen and house when the chorizo is releasing its juices. And as for the taste, well it’s just a complete taste sensation!
This chorizo, tomato, lentil and kale soup is a meal in itself.
Lots of fantastic healthy ingredients served up in one big bowl.
Normally this is a lunchtime soup for us, but I’ve seen us have this for dinner option too
Mostly if we’ve been out to lunch at the weekend and we just want something non carb filling in the evening.
You can get more than 50% of your recommended daily fibre intake from this soup and nearly 100% of your vitamin dose.
If you loved this soup (which I think you will!) you should also try my red pepper tomato and kidney bean soup!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Add your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
You'll love the smell of this chorizo, tomato, lentil and kale soup as it permeates your kitchen and house when the chorizo is releasing its juices. And as for the taste, well it's just a complete taste sensation!
I highly recommend this simple, tasty chorizo, tomato, lentil and kale soup as a fantastic cure and prevention of colds too!
Chorizo Tomato Lentil and Kale Soup Recipe
If this is a lunch option then I’d recommend serving with 2 slices of my home made wholemeal bread or wholemeal roll.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
- 1 large diced onion
- 50 g chorizo chopped up into small 0.5cm pieces
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 175 g red split lentils
- 120 g shredded curly kale
- 1 L vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a large pan, large enough to hold 1.5L of liquid.
- Add the chopped chorizo pieces; stir them round the pan to release their juices. Remove the chorizo from the pan with a slotted spoon once it begins to brown and set it aside.
- Add the diced onion and stir and sweat the onion in the chorizo juices. Once the onion has softened add the tomatoes, the red split lentils, and then add the chorizo back to the pan, stirring the mixture to combine it. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock to the pan, bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes of simmering, add the curly kale and simmer for a further 15 minutes.