Skinny coconut and vanilla muffins. These are delicious healthier muffins! Made with Greek yogurt and no butter making them low fat and low calorie muffins!
At just 205 calories per skinny coconut and vanilla muffn you have no reason not to enjoy this tasty treat!
Delicious and with a moist centre they make for a perfect healthy snack!
And it all came about when I was wondering what to do with the whole coconut which I’d bought on Sunday of which I’d only used a few shavings from for our Sunday curry.
Those of you who follow Neil’s Healthy Meals will know that I hate to waste anything!
So I thought I would try a quick and easy muffin recipe using some grated coconut and some vanilla.
I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome, these amazingly moist skinny coconut and vanilla muffins.
As were my colleagues at work who scoffed them!
I love sharing my home baking recipes and it makes all the difference when you get validation like that.
When you’re work colleagues eat the lot!
Sometimes actions talk louder than words eh?
For These Skinny Coconut Vanilla Muffins You May Need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 12 hole muffin tin
- Measuring spoons
- Kitchen scale
- Measuring jug
- Large mixing bowl
- Pyrex mixing glass bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Wooden skewers
- Wire baking rack
As you can see it’s relatively inexpensive and it’s perfect for all kinds of muffin recipes.
It’s made with heavy gauge carbon steel for long lasting performance and comes with a 25 year guarantee!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Muffin Recipes You Might Also Like
- Banana blueberry breakfast muffins. Say hello and good morning to these healthier, delicious breakfast muffins. Make your start to the day a good one!
- These gluten free chocolate and beetroot muffins have a deliciously moist and fluffy textured centre. They ooze with chocolate taste and are extremely simple to make.
- These cherry bakewell muffins are simply fabulous! With a light fluffy texture, a delicious icing topping and a sweet cherry to top, they’re my take on the classic bakewell tart.
Skinny Coconut and Vanilla Muffins Recipe
As a suggestion to make a bit of difference to the icing sugar topping, you could add a little vanilla extract in the topping if you wanted more vanilla flavour.
I like the really light fluffy texture and taste of the topping complimenting it, as is, but Lynne liked it with slightly more vanilla.
Each to their own though eh?
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Skinny Coconut and Vanilla Muffins
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 75 g caster sugar.
- 100 g shredded / grated coconut / dessicated
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 150 ml no-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp skimmed milk
- 50 ml sunflower oil
Icing Sugar Topping
- 100 g icing sugar
- 4 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 180C and line a 12 hole muffin / fairy cake tin with paper cases.
- In a large mixing bowl sift flour and bicarbonate of soda. Add in sugar, coconut, vanilla extract and yogurt and mix all together.
- In a smaller mixing bowl whisk together eggs, milk and oil.
- Gradually fold the small mixing bowl’s ingredients into the flour in the large mixing bowl.
- Spoon the mixture between the 12 paper cases.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes in the centre of an oven until risen and brown. Check the centre of one with a wooden skewer to ensure it comes out clean.
- Transfer and cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled drizzle with icing sugar topping and leave for the icing to set.