Easy lemon cheesecake squares have a delicious crunchy ginger base and a lemony cream cheese topping. They are the perfect light melt in your mouth dessert. The recipe makes 9 squares so it’s great too for serving a larger number of people!
Folks, I know how much you love my cheesecake recipes, so I just know you’re going to love these easy lemon cheesecake squares!
Although I’ve parted company today from my traditional round cheesecake desserts with these cheesecake squares, I’m pretty sure that you’ll find these the easiest and tastiest ones out there!
You see, as you folks pin my lemon crunch cheesecake recipe so much, I decided to make a different version of it, one that’s baked and just as tasty but also lighter and made slightly healthier (less calorific) too.
Feel free to enjoy these at any time of the year and at only 168 calories per slice!
The bars start off with a base made from ginger nut biscuits that is baked and then that’s covered with a creamy lemony cheesecake layer that is also baked. The result is pure lemon heaven!
What I like so much about these easy lemon cheesecake squares besides them being so tasty, is the ginger taste of the base and the lovely crunch you get after having sunk your teeth through that amazing lemon filling. The combination is just perfect.
It’s funny to think back to the day that I first created these and how early it was that Saturday morning……..
…..all because of this little fella, our cat, Begbie!
Inspiration For These Lemon Cheesecake Squares
During the week I’m up at 4am so I can get stuff done, like write this blog and then head off to the gym before work.
Begbie normally gets up with me at 4am too. Now, at the weekend I want a lie in.
Unfortunately Begbie doesn’t quite understand that concept. As far as he’s concerned it’s 4am and it’s time to get up! The annoying thing is once I’m up, he promptly goes back to sleep himself!!
Anyway, that’s how I happened to be in the kitchen at 4am one Saturday morning, making these easy lemon cheesecake squares!
Now, don’t let this picture of Begbie looking all cute and innocent deceive you either!
Just recently we had to start opening the cupboard door in our bedroom.
The one where we store all our clean linen and towels because he was waking us up during the night by leaping up at the door handle, trying to pull it down so as to open the cupboard and find himself a nice clean duvet to sleep on.
Granted it was a hilarious picture to start off with, when initially we were woken up and saw Begbie jumping up and down at the door handle like a crazy wallaby but that novelty soon wore off!
Anyway, I suppose I should thank Begbie for the inspiration for these easy lemon cheesecake squares. I’d also like to ask him for some sleep back at the weekends! 😉 (Fat chance!)
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Cheesecake Recipes You Might Also Like
- Coffee cheesecake in 4 easy steps is a delicious no bake recipe. This simple dessert will satisfy both coffee and cheesecake lovers alike!
- No bake chocolate cherry cheesecake is a delicious indulgent treat. Made in a glass for ease this time saving dessert is perfect for dinner parties!
- White chocolate and raspberry cheesecake. A tasty crunchy biscuit base covered in a light creamy white chocolate filling stuffed with fresh raspberries.
Coming Next Week on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Lady Lynne and I are so looking forward to this weekend as we’re off to Broadmeadows House.
Work is hectic for the both of us at the moment and we’ve hardly spent any time together this February. So this is our belated Valentines weekend together.
I’m taking the slow cooker with me so we can have something cooking away whilst we’re out in the hills walking (weather permitting). Anyway I’ll let you know how we got on next week.
Then on Thursday for a fantastic budget Oven Baked Tuna Sweetcorn Cakes recipe!
Until then have a good weekend. We can’t wait for ours!
Easy Lemon Cheesecake Squares Recipe
These Lemon Cheesecake Squares are a great dessert for this time of year!
They make a refreshing end to a great dinner party that will leave your guests longing for more!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Easy Lemon Cheesecake Squares
- 200 g ginger nut biscuits
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 450 g reduced fat cream cheese
- 100 g golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs beaten lightly
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 180C / 160C fan and lightly grease a baking tin of about 8”x8” size and then line the base with aluminium foil allowing some to hang over two sides a little to be able to lift the cheesecake out of the tin once baked.
- In a food processor, blitz the ginger nut biscuits until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and then stir in the ginger nut breadcrumbs.
- Press the crumb mixture into the baking tin, making sure you get into the corners and then bake until it begins to brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. While the base is baking, make the filling.
- To make the filling beat the cream cheese in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, blend until smooth then add the sugar, eggs, zest and lemon juice. Then blend until combined.
- Pour mixture onto hot crust, smooth down the top. Return to oven, and bake until set for about 25 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan. Chill for at least 3 hours in refrigerator and then lift out of the pan using the aluminium foil and cut into 9 squares. Keep stored in a sealed container for up to 3 days.