Easy lemon cheesecake squares have a delicious crunchy ginger base and a lemony cream cheese topping. They are the perfect light melt in your mouth dessert. The recipe makes 9 squares so it's great too for serving a larger number of people!
Folks, I know how much you love my cheesecake recipes, so I just know you're going to love these easy lemon cheesecake squares!
Although I've parted company today from my traditional round cheesecake desserts with these cheesecake squares, I'm pretty sure that you'll find these the easiest and tastiest ones out there!
You see, as you folks pin my lemon crunch cheesecake recipe so much, I decided to make a different version of it, one that's baked and just as tasty but also lighter and made slightly healthier (less calorific) too.
Feel free to enjoy these at any time of the year and at only 168 calories per slice!
The bars start off with a base made from ginger nut biscuits thats baked.
Then the base is covered with a creamy lemony cheesecake layer that is also baked.
The result is pure lemon heaven!
What I like so much about these easy lemon cheesecake squares besides them being so tasty, is the ginger taste of the base and the lovely crunch you get after having sunk your teeth through that amazing lemon filling. The combination is just perfect!
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Cheesecake Recipes You Might Also Like
- Coffee cheesecake in 4 easy steps is a delicious no bake recipe. This simple dessert will satisfy both coffee and cheesecake lovers alike!
- No bake chocolate cherry cheesecake is a delicious indulgent treat. Made in a glass for ease this time saving dessert is perfect for dinner parties!
- White chocolate and raspberry cheesecake. A tasty crunchy biscuit base covered in a light creamy white chocolate filling stuffed with fresh raspberries.
Easy Lemon Cheesecake Squares Recipe
These Lemon Cheesecake Squares are a great dessert for this time of year!
They make a refreshing end to a great dinner party that will leave your guests longing for more!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Easy Lemon Cheesecake Squares Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 200 g ginger nut biscuits
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 450 g reduced fat cream cheese
- 100 g golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs beaten lightly
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 180C / 160C fan and lightly grease a square baking tin and then line the base with aluminium foil allowing some to hang over two sides a little to be able to lift the cheesecake out of the tin once baked.
- In a food processor, blitz the ginger nut biscuits until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and then stir in the ginger nut breadcrumbs.
- Press the crumb mixture into the baking tin, making sure you get into the corners and then bake until it begins to brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. While the base is baking, make the filling.
- To make the filling beat the cream cheese in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, blend until smooth then add the sugar, eggs, zest and lemon juice. Then blend until combined.
- Pour mixture onto hot crust, smooth down the top. Return to oven, and bake until set for about 25 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan. Chill for at least 3 hours in refrigerator and then lift out of the pan using the aluminium foil and cut into 9 squares. Keep stored in a sealed container for up to 3 days.