Easy lemon cheesecake squares have a delicious crunchy ginger base and a lemony cream cheese topping. They are the perfect light melt in your mouth dessert. The recipe makes 9 squares so it's great too for serving a larger number of people!
Folks, I know how much you love my cheesecake recipes, so I just know you're going to love these easy lemon cheesecake squares!
Although I've parted company today from my traditional round cheesecake desserts with these cheesecake squares, I'm pretty sure that you'll find these the easiest and tastiest ones out there!
You see, as you folks pin my lemon crunch cheesecake recipe so much, I decided to make a different version of it, one that's baked and just as tasty but also lighter and made slightly healthier (less calorific) too.
Feel free to enjoy these at any time of the year and at only 168 calories per slice!
The bars start off with a base made from ginger nut biscuits thats baked.
Then the base is covered with a creamy lemony cheesecake layer that is also baked.
The result is pure lemon heaven!
What I like so much about these easy lemon cheesecake squares besides them being so tasty, is the ginger taste of the base and the lovely crunch you get after having sunk your teeth through that amazing lemon filling. The combination is just perfect!
Subscribe to Neil's Healthy Meals
Don't miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Bloglovin & YouTube.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Cheesecake Recipes You Might Also Like
- Coffee cheesecake in 4 easy steps is a delicious no bake recipe. This simple dessert will satisfy both coffee and cheesecake lovers alike!
- No bake chocolate cherry cheesecake is a delicious indulgent treat. Made in a glass for ease this time saving dessert is perfect for dinner parties!
- White chocolate and raspberry cheesecake. A tasty crunchy biscuit base covered in a light creamy white chocolate filling stuffed with fresh raspberries.
Easy lemon cheesecake squares have a delicious crunchy ginger base and a lemony cream cheese topping. The recipe makes 9 squares so it's great too for serving a larger number of people!
Easy Lemon Cheesecake Squares Recipe
These Lemon Cheesecake Squares are a great dessert for this time of year!
They make a refreshing end to a great dinner party that will leave your guests longing for more!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Easy Lemon Cheesecake Squares Recipe
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- 200 g ginger nut biscuits
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 450 g reduced fat cream cheese
- 100 g golden caster sugar
- 2 eggs beaten lightly
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 180C / 160C fan and lightly grease a square baking tin and then line the base with aluminium foil allowing some to hang over two sides a little to be able to lift the cheesecake out of the tin once baked.
- In a food processor, blitz the ginger nut biscuits until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and then stir in the ginger nut breadcrumbs.
- Press the crumb mixture into the baking tin, making sure you get into the corners and then bake until it begins to brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. While the base is baking, make the filling.
- To make the filling beat the cream cheese in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, blend until smooth then add the sugar, eggs, zest and lemon juice. Then blend until combined.
- Pour mixture onto hot crust, smooth down the top. Return to oven, and bake until set for about 25 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan. Chill for at least 3 hours in refrigerator and then lift out of the pan using the aluminium foil and cut into 9 squares. Keep stored in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
David @ Spiced
Haha! I totally understand pet antics in the middle of the night. The stories might sound funny now, but they are anything but funny at 1am! So I love the idea of making lemon cheesecake squares. I'm a sucker for cheesecake, too. I didn't eat it growing up, but now it's one of my favorite desserts! And I always crave lemon-flavored desserts as we hit this time of the year. I hope you guys have fun at Broadmeadows House this weekend. I remember you guys going there last year. I can't wait to hear about the weekend. Enjoy it...and I hope you get to sleep in past 4am. 🙂
Just had our first uninterrupted sleep here at Broadmeadows House David. It was bliss! 🙂
Lemon based desserts are my favourite after meals. I think it must be the palate cleansing sharp lemon flavours. Nah, it's probably just the fact they're delicious! 😉
These look AMAZING butttttttttt Landon's not a lemon fan, so I could just omit it or put something else in it... Like put bananas on top or make it lime! Looks like I'd be able to accomplish this, because you called it EASY! 😉
That's a shame that Landon's not a fan of lemon. But I think that a banana based alternative is a fantastic idea. You could make it like my Banoffee Cheesecake instead? Oh hang on, have you given me another recipe idea? 🙂
True confession time - although I love cheesecake and lemon based desserts I can't recall when I've made them myself. So, that being said, I'm pinning this recipe so I can fix that!
Plus, you had me at the ginger based crust. Holy freaking moly does that sound AMAZING!!
Thanks Christina. That ginger based biscuit crust is worth just making the recipe for. Yep it's to die for, if I may say so myself! 😉
Superb recipe! I am a sucker for lemon and cheesecake together. Totally going to try these tomorrow. Happy weekend!
Hope these turn out good for you Neha! They're definitely something to have as a treat at the weekend. Have a good weekend too yourself!
I do like cheesecakes too, and although I normally go with something more decadent and rich, I like this refreshing citrus-ginger combo! And you fellow is a very handsome cat. I love his concept. Sometimes I follow the similar idea on weekends. Occasionally I wake up earlier (and encourage other people to do the same), but after a nice breakfast and coffee, I might feel like going back to bed haha)
I'll mention your compliments to Begbie, Ben! I'm sure he would welcome a visit from you at any time. Or indeed, I could send him over to you to stay for a while? 😆
Glad you like this easy lemon cheesecake squares recipe, it's a favourite here!
I don't make sweets often, but these do look good. Love that kitty!
Thanks Mimi. This is a great little dessert if you don't make sweets that often. It's so easy! Begbie says "hi" by the way. 😉
Can you freeze these ?
Hi, I don't recommend freezing these no. Store as per instructions in recipe.