This grilled fish provencal is a super easy quick healthy meal. Tender baked white fish fillets with a golden crunchy breadcrumb topping.
Sweet tasty tomatoes and a simple salad accompany this grilled fish provencal recipe.
It’s great for when you’ve limited time because you can serve it up in less than an hour!
Tips For Making This Grilled Fish Provencal Recipe
Although this grilled fish Provencal is a simple dish to make, careful attention should be paid at the time of cooking the dish.
Depending on the thickness of your white fish fillets or even the ripeness of your tomatoes could mean these cook at different times.
You might want to grill the fish partially first, then add the tomatoes or vice versa.
My grilled fish Provencal could be one of your recommended 2 portions of fish per week, as per the food groups advice page.
Anyway, hope you enjoy this grilled fish provencal that I adapted from the traditional French recipe to reduce the fat, keep the costs down and to make it as simple as possible.
For This Fish Provencal Recipe You May Need…
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product, I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through, then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
- Baking dish
- Kitchen scale
- Chopping board
- Kitchen knives
- Measuring spoons
- Pyrex mixing glass bowl
- Wooden spoon
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Fish Recipes You Might Also Like
- Healthy grilled salmon with wilted spinach. Looking for an easy meal with salmon? Try this recipe! It tastes amazing and includes a simple lower fat sauce.
- Oven baked salmon with cream cheese and oat bran crust makes for a super simple, delicious and protein packed, quick healthy meal that I know you’re just going to love.
- Salmon filo parcels are made from filo pastry. Not only is it much easier to roll than traditional pastry it doesn’t have the high levels of saturated fat! This recipe is an ideal addition to your quick healthy meals!
Grilled Fish Provencal Recipe
I used wholemeal bread crumbs; I always keep a bag of these in my freezer left over from any crumbs or stale bits from my homemade wholemeal bread recipe.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Grilled Fish Provencal
- 180 g white fish
- 2 medium tomatoes cut in half
- 3 tbsp of breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
- Freshly ground salt and pepper for seasoning
- Low calorie olive oil spray
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pre-heat medium grill
- Mix the breadcrumbs, chopped parsley, dried herbs, garlic, lemon zest, olive oil and water together in a bowl and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Cover the bottom of a shallow oven proof dish with aluminium foil and using the low cal olive oil spray, lightly spray this.
- Place the fish and the tomatoes cut side up into the dish.
- Spread the breadcrumb mixture over the fish and the tomato halves
- Place the ovenproof dish under the grill and grill for approximately 10 – 15 minutes. Do not have the dish too near the top of the grill or else you will burn the breadcrumbs.
- Once the fish is cooked through and the breadcrumbs are golden brown remove the dish.
- Serve the fish on a bed of salad leaves and sprinkle the lemon juice over.