Healthy grilled salmon with wilted spinach. Looking for an easy meal with salmon? Try this recipe! It tastes amazing and includes a simple lower fat sauce.
Folks, you’ll love this delicious healthy grilled salmon with wilted spinach meal.
Here, I’ve topped grilled salmon fillets with an easy sauce which is made without any butter.
This recipe proves that cooking healthily doesn’t have to be complicated or involve loads of ingredients.
Nor does it have to involve loads of pots and pans to wash up!
As I said this is a an incredibly simple dish involving little effort.
I think a lot of people avoid cooking with fish because they think it is too complicated but actually its really easy to cook and takes almost no time at all.
For instance here, this whole meal takes just 5 minutes to prep and 15 minutes to cook!
This is one of those quick healthy meals you’ll be glad of. Especially when you’re short of time, or just can’t be bothered!
The lower fat, lower calorie simple home-made sauce is made from store cupboard ingredients. So as long as you’ve got them, all you’ll to spend some money on is your salmon fillets and a bag of spinach.
I added a portion of peas and a portion of sweetcorn. Both of which we keep frozen in our freezer. They can easily be microwaved whilst the salmon bakes.
Why This Healthy Grilled Salmon Meal Is Good For You
- A great source of healthy fats, particularly Omega-3.
- A good source of vitamins and minerals.
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Reduces the risk of colon, prostate and kidney cancers.
- Maintains healthy skin and hair.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Coming Thursday on Neil’s Healthy Meals
Join me on Thursday for a great roundup of simple to cook low calorie soups.
If you’ve started the new year on a health kick, then these soup recipes will help you continue with your healthy start to the New Year!
Other Popular Salmon Recipes You Might Also Like
- Salmon filo parcels are made from filo pastry. Not only is filo pastry much easier to roll than traditional pastry but it doesn’t have the high levels of saturated fat!
- Oven baked salmon pesto is ready in just 30 minutes and comes with a creamy cauliflower mash. Simple and tasty it’s perfect for those occasions when you’re in a rush or limited with time!
- Quick healthy salmon burgers are the perfect easy dinner option. It takes just 40 minutes to prepare and cook these delicious heart healthy homemade beauties!
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Healthy grilled salmon with wilted spinach. Looking for an easy meal with salmon? Try this recipe! It tastes amazing and has a simple marinade.” quote=”Healthy grilled salmon with wilted spinach. Looking for an easy meal with salmon? Try this recipe! It tastes amazing and has a simple marinade.”]
Healthy Grilled Salmon with Wilted Spinach Recipe
If you workout regularly, a recipe like this with healthy grilled salmon will help to give those tired muscles a good protein boost!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
- 2 skinless boneless salmon fillets
- 250 g bag washed spinach
- 4 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp capers chopped (from a jar)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges for serving.
- Pat the salmon fillets dry with some kitchen roll
- Place the salmon fillets under a medium grill for 12-15 minutes, until cooked.
- Whilst the salmon is cooking place the spinach leaves in a large frying pan and gently heat the pan, stirring the spinach allowing it to wilt, but not burn.
- Whilst the salmon is cooking, and spinach wilting mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice and chopped capers in a small serving dish.
- Divide the wilted spinach between two plates, top with the salmon and spoon the mayonnaise mixture over and serve with the lemon wedges.