Salmon filo parcels are made from filo pastry. Not only is it much easier to roll than traditional pastry it doesn’t have the high levels of saturated fat! This recipe is an ideal addition to your quick healthy meals!
These salmon filo parcels are my variation of a weight watchers recipe for salmon en croute.
I could have called this recipe salmon en croute too, but then that would just be plagiarism wouldn’t it? 😉
You can adapt the flavour of these salmon filo parcels by trying different kinds of herbs with the quark cream cheese. Also if you don’t have / can’t get quark cream cheese then use low fat cream cheese instead.
I love using filo pastry as it’s so much more healthier than traditional pastry. Not only that it’s easier to fold.
I’ve never made my own filo pastry – yet! The shop bought stuff is just fine for me, and for this recipe.
You can easily double the quantities of the ingredients so that this salmon filo parcels recipe makes for 4.
Any filo pastry left over can be frozen, but once at room temperature I find it is best to use it as quickly as possible or it starts to fall apart!
Why You’ll Love Salmon Filo Pastry
- This salmon in filo pastry recipe is easy to make.
- This healthy salmon recipe is great to prepare when you’re sort of time.
- As you’re not making your own pastry this salmon filo recipe is also great for entertaining. It’s not too fiddly to make.
- Filo pastry is easier to wrap than puff pastry.
- Salmon is extremely healthy containing omega-3 fatty acids.
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Add your email* to the subscription list at the very top of this post or subscribe here.
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
This is one of my “Fish Friday” recipes that I wrote about in the baked cod with caper mash recipe.
Fish Friday has been in my family for many years. It’s not a religious thing in any way. It was just the day we almost always ate fish!Salmon filo parcels are made from filo pastry. Not only is it much easier to roll than traditional pastry it doesn't have the high levels of saturated fat! This recipe is an ideal addition to your quick healthy meals!Click To Tweet
Salmon Filo Parcels Recipe
I recommend serving your salmon filo parcels with asparagus and a little rice or just a few new baby potatoes!
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
- Low fat cooking spray
- 3 sheets filo pastry
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 280 g salmon fillets 2 fillets
- 40 g quark no fat cream cheese
- Finely grated zest of a small lemon
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180C Fan
- Take 3 filo pastry sheets
- Spray one filo sheet, with the cooking spray, and then place another on top, repeat process with other two sheets. Cut in half so you have two piles.
- Remove any skin from the salmon fillets and pat them dry with kitchen towel.
- In a bowl mix the quark with the finely grated lemon zest.
- Put a little corn flour on a plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the salmon in the corn flour to give an equal coating.
- Place the salmon in the centre of each pile of three sheets and top with the quark and share the parsley equally between the two.
- Fold the filo sheets over the salmon and tuck underneath.
- Place the salmon filo parcels on a baking tray and spray with the cooking spray.
- Bake in over for 30 – 35 minutes.