Healthy slow cooker turkey chilli is a delicious lightly spiced and easy version of the Mexican classic recipe. This tasty dish is one all the family will love!
Folks this healthy slow cooker turkey chilli is one of the best meals for cold weather.
It’s also perfect when you’re busy and have got better things to do than spend time in the kitchen all day!
You just need 10 minutes to prepare the turkey mince then set your cooker on low and you’re good to go.
Cook the chilli for 6 to 8 hours. Stir it occasionally and enjoy the delicious aroma that fills your whole house and makes you feel incredibly hungry!
You can serve this turkey chilli in so many different ways. How might you serve yours?
Choose to keep it nice and simple by serving it on a bed of rice, like in this recipe?
Top it with a little sour cream and cheese?
The favourite way of Lady Lynne and myself? Take it to the next stage by filling tortillas with the cooked chilli. Place those filled tortillas in a baking dish, cover with cheese and bake them in the oven. Delicious!!
This tasty, fresh and healthy chilli is only 168 calories per portion (excluding rice) and serves 6 people in total.
Any leftover portions are freezable. Perfect for those nights where you can’t be bothered cooking.
Using lean turkey mince keeps the fat content as low as possible.
The recipe uses red kidney beans and black beans, both of which are a great source of protein. Using canned beans is cheaper and quicker than dried beans.
Vary the beans if you want to change the recipe up a bit, you’ve got beans leftover to use or if you can’t get the ones I’ve used!
For this Slow Cooker Turkey Chilli you may need….
The following links and any links in the recipe card below are affiliate links.
This means that if you click on it and then buy that product I’ll get a small commission (at no extra cost to you of course).
If you do click through then thanks for being a part of Neil’s Healthy Meals!
This is the slow cooker I use. As you can see it’s relatively inexpensive and its perfect for meals of up to 4 people!
Subscribe to Neil’s Healthy Meals
Don’t miss future updates and new recipes. Make sure you’re subscribed to Neil’s Healthy Meals.
Subscribe here to add your email to the subscription list.
And you can follow me too via your favourite social channels :-
*I do not use your email for anything else other than adding you to my blog subscription list which you can opt out of at any time.
Other Popular Chilli Recipes You Might Also Like
- Slow cooker vegetarian chilli. Made with Quorn mince, beans and vegetables. This delicious healthy chilli is easy to make. Meat lovers will love it too!
- Easy vegan chilli is an all in one pot healthy and delicious bean chilli recipe. Packed full of vitamins with this meal you’ll find you won’t be missing meat at all!
- Chilli pasta is a quick and easy healthy family meal. Vegetarian with kidney beans substituted for meat it’s full of fibre and goodness. Plus it takes just under one hour to serve!
Healthy Slow Cooker Turkey Chilli Recipe
This chilli is lightly spiced. If you want to make it spicier add a little more chilli powder.
I’d love to hear what you think of my recipe in the comments below and please do rate my recipe 5* if you like it! 🙂
Healthy Slow Cooker Turkey Chilli
- 500 g lean turkey mince
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 x 400g tin red kidney beans*
- 1/2 x 400g tin black beans*
- 250 ml vegetable stock
- 100 g frozen sweetcorn
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Freshly ground salt and pepper to season
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- Heat a pan over a medium heat, add the turkey and cook, stirring until it's browned (about 5 minutes) then add to the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker and stir well.
- Set cooker on low and cook for 6 to 8 hours. Stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with the coriander. Serve with rice and a green salad.